Upcoming Priest Changes in 3.1.0

#0 - Feb. 5, 2009, 8:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As many of you know the next major content patch will include some very exciting things, such as Ulduar, a new epic raid dungeon, a wealth of new items, and much more. We thought players would especially enjoy reading just a few of the class changes we're currently planning. Please keep in mind, that this list is not at all comprehensive, and more importantly subject to change.
  • Divine Spirit – this spell is now a core ability available to all priests.
  • Discipline has access to a new talent, Power Word: Barrier. (Think of it as Power Word: Shield for your whole group).
  • Several area of effect (AOE) heal spells have been improved:
    • Prayer of Healing can be cast on any groups in your raid party.
    • Holy Nova’s mana cost has been reduced.
    • Circle of Healing now heals for more.
  • Shadow priest PvP survivability has been improved: Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares.
  • Penance – this spell can now be targeted on the priest.
  • Serendipity – this talent now reduces the cast time of Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing when Binding Heal or Flash Heal are cast.
  • We are also working to give Holy additional PvP utility.
For details of other class changes upcoming, please check out the following thread in General:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=7913091638&postId=79122296845
#22 - Feb. 5, 2009, 10:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Could you tell us wether the change to Serendipity is replacing the old effect, or being added as an addition?

You've made holy priests around the globe very nervous now ;)
I don't have the exact details at hand right now. Chances are very high you'll find out soon. I'm keen to know too. ;-)
#382 - Feb. 13, 2009, 9:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You'll be lucky to get any blue response now. [...] No blue will venture in here now that people have given 12 additional pages of ranting inbetween the rare post of praise.
Uhh? Anyhow..

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It was helpful for us to post this up in advance, so your feedback can have an effect on what actually does come in 3.1.0. Your voices are heard, and are being dutifully passed on to our development team. Thanks again all.
#386 - Feb. 13, 2009, 12:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

/sarcasm on
Yeaaa it sure is ..
/sarcasm off
Even if it is , I could bet that it won't make any difference at all.
Thank you , come again!
How you feel having a stab at us is going to help, I have no idea. If you're unable to post constructively and support the Community team's efforts, then I am sure you will have no objection to a forum holiday.