Priest patch notes : Discussion

#0 - Feb. 5, 2009, 4:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First off let me say that in the past overall you guys have made great games, but lately everytime i read your patch notes for wow I think to myself "what game are they playing or looking at?" because it always seems like you have no clue what needs to be changed. I have only played my priest since BC, so maybe thats only the priest that has been shafted. i loved my mage in classic.

Below is what is their out line for the upcoming priest patch notes, release today. Epic failure to a dieing class, one which is so unenjoyable i very rarely even play the game . I can understand not playing a game from bordem and the fact you have done most of what the game has to offer, which i have done but the feeling i have is more one that the game is dieing and is continuing to get worse. Bad balancing along with unchallenging content. for those of you who still enjoy Pve im happy for you. I lead a major guild in classic through all the 40 man content, and felt like i had done something hard. Today pve is to easy and any pub can handle it, just doesnt interest me anymore. PvP is where i would like to put my competiveness to use like in seasons past(even though balance wasent perfect then). But its in such a bad state of balance i cant enjoy playing. PVP NEEDS HELP NOW, pve does not. Everyone is easily beating the content so what are you so upset about, its even so easily that people arent near as picky over classes in raiding like they used to be. i dont see how being a little behind on the healing meter when your guild stomps the content anyways is that big of a deal to focus on it before pvp. also all priests know that meter is a lie, our mending and some other things always have issues being read by them.

Im am going to make changes to thier notes and give them feedback on what i think. all my changes are included in *'s along with feedback on way.

PRIEST

Divine Spirit – this spell is now a core ability available to all priests.

***Due to the current changes to mana regen coming(a buff to meditation and all spells like it) I see this change as a nice extra***

Discipline has access to a new talent, Power Word: Barrier. (Think of it as Power Word: Shield for your whole group).

***Scrap idea about it being like pws and give us something useful(look at bottom of paragrapgh for example). This talent doesnt have full details but the outline sounds like a joke. Power word: shield has its specific uses in the game and this talent will have even less. With the removal of damage returned from shields on targets that are not yourself this talent has even less usefullness. Will be used mainly in pve as a counter to aoe damage spells from bosses, thats about it. Weak, uncreative, and overall seems to be a very useless spell saved for rare times.It will have a very high mana cost is geussing also.
Make it like Spirit link from the spirit walker in war 3 .
Links 5 units together in a chain. All units with Spirit Link on them will live longer, by distributing 50% of the damage they take across other Spirit Linked units. Make it last through a certain amount of damage like pws or have it time based. Have it also reduce threat so it doesnt get into raid tanking***

Several area of effect (AOE) heal spells have been improved: Prayer of Healing can be cast on any groups in your raid party. Holy Nova’s mana cost has been reduced. Circle of Healing now heals for more.

***Minor changes that needed to be done anyways. Holy nova and prayer of healing where never used because there mana cost/healing amount arent worth it. Also any priest aoe healing should be using circle not prayer. Holy nova is only used to get rogues out of stealth in pvp so you didn't help us there and we still wont use prayer of healing(circle is better). The circle of healing change is seen to me as you buffing because of an over nerf in the cooldown timer you put in last patch, so not really considered a buff but thank you for fixing.***

Shadow priest PvP survivability has been improved: Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares.

*** Remove the change for reducing magic damage and make it 15% chance on recieving physical damage to remove all snaring affects.
Priests do not have issues with casters they have issues with melle. You people just made it so a shadow priest can have 25% magic damage reduction at all times.... Shadow priests need a way to get away that has a low cooldown, if you dont like shadow form removing snares then rework dispersion so its the same only return 10% of your mana, removes all snares, and is on 30 sec cooldown, 4 seconds instead of 6.

Penance – this spell can now be targeted on the priest.

***About time, it should have been like this from the start its a 51 point talent. Only thing i have nothing to say about besides good job.***

Serendipity – this talent now reduces the cast time of Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing when Binding Heal or Flash Heal are cast.

*** this talent needs to be passive and not have a timer, or beconsidered magic and be removable from dispell. and we need some numbers about the casting time reduced before anything else is said.***

We are also working to give Holy additional PvP utility.

*** you need to work on all priests pvp aspects holy isnt the only one. Give us at least 1 tree for the time being that can handle itself in pvp. An issue with all 3 specs is rogues cc and hunters viper sting. Why wont you just give priests a way to remove posions instead of working around the problem. If you need to buff other classes or nerf us some other way then do it.***

Random:
Stop making pve and pvp mixable. If i want to pvp and only pvp, i shouldnt have to play agisnt people who out gear me because they pve. Have you looked at the top pvp weapons vs Nax weapons? the nax weapons are better and people have had them since the start of the season.... same goes for pvp, pve's didnt want welfare epics handed out to people who werent raiding before but are now coming and trying to replace them in raids. You have a defensive stat that makes healers stack resil. make an offensive stat good for pvp and crappy for pve and vise versa. you cant say o well the dps players will need resil to stay alive also, because they have no problem staying alive when their dps is so high from pve items they own your face in massive burst.

Patches need to come faster, even if minor changes. it seems like you guys are allready doing a better job at this, but as you see if you wait to long certain classes get a massive edge in the arena. DK and Pally come to mind.

*Edited the title- Please refrain from making blanket pre-judgment statements in titles.- Nethaera
#5 - Feb. 5, 2009, 5:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I edited your title because I felt that your intentions were more toward creating a constructive discussion more than creating a thread that goes down a less constructive path.

Keep in mind a few things when you take into account the listed possible changes:

• This list is not at all comprehensive, and subject to change.
  • Testing and feedback on these changes when they are available will be important
  • Constructive discussion is always welcome. Please refrain from statements such as "fail" or other such things that don't provide constructive discussion.

The list is just a small sampling of things in the works. There are many other things that will come into play with these changes and there will need to be real hands-on testing to see if things play out the way we feel they should.