PvP Daily Quests!

#0 - Jan. 12, 2010, 12:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Well PvE dailies are just... Lame, and perhaps not everyone likes to spend hours running around Icecrown killing lowbie mobs and falling off of a drake in Stormpeaks to your death. As it stands there are a huge amount of PvE daily quests which earn your average joe player a lot of gold.

Now I am not criticising by any means that this is a bad thing as the daily quests for PvE are open to everyone and the odd PvP one is implemented into the selection. Blizzard gave us some quests in Wintergrasp however they are weekly and not daily.

What I think a wonderful and really, really cool idea would be is to add PvP daily quests into the agenda allowing hardcore PvP players some enjoyment and earn some gold doing things they prefer as opposed to pure PvE orientated money making.

I also believe that this may be a way to spice up world PvP which is lacking on some servers and is often a very fun activity and is certainly a better alternative to just sitting in Dalaran whilst queueing for a battleground.

These are some basic concepts for a few quest titles:

- Thrall must die! / Darklady / Bloodhoof / Bronzebeard / Varian etc. (this would be much like the current weekly raid quests but with a more PvP orientated twist)

- Slain on their own ground! (Eliminate 20 Players in an opposing faction's city)

- Tarren Mill requires aid! (Of course this is just an example but it could vary every day from place to place switching from Alliance to Horde attacking and defending various towns and spots around Azeroth / OL / NR. Basically like the classic towers except if the faction can remain in the town for x period of time then it would be set on fire much like the headless horseman at Halloween)

- Step into the arena! (Hold events once every 2 hours much like WG, in the STV arena where players would be requried to kill a certain number of enemies or survive for a period of time without being killed)

- Slap them Silly! (This is random but I think it would be funny, run into an opposing faction's city and /slap 10 vendors)

These are all of course just concepts but I would love to here from the rest of the community on more ideas!

- Inflicted -
#10 - Jan. 12, 2010, 3:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Some really good ideas there.

I really hope someone from blizzard comes across this thread, because I would love to see these implemented. Would really put some life into WOW PVP.

Repost this in suggestions :P

Some of these ideas are indeed interesting, and I most certainly think that it's a good idea if this thread will serve as inspiration to a new thread in the suggestions forum, where ideas for PvP dailies are collated :-)

But what could be interesting to hear also, is what you guys think about the ideas that have been suggested in this thread so far... If PvP dailies like these were implemented, would you have fun doing them every day?

If you were to play a PvP daily quest on a regular basis, a quest that would have to be just as fun after a while as it would be if it was new and fresh; what kind of quest would it have to be, and where would it be located so that it's convenient and accessible, yet not disruptive for those who aren't interested in PvP?