Bear threat problems since 3.0.8?

#0 - Feb. 2, 2009, 12:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
since i can't join the discussion on the US forums (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14498473051&sid=1), i've got to bring it to these forums...

Ghostcrawler:
Q u o t e:
We're not aware of any problems with bear threat, but we'll look into it.

the day 3.0.8 went live i felt my threat was decreased about 1k TPS, i was doing 3.5k TPS on average 6-7k with berzerk and enrage active, now i'm doing about 2.5k TPS on average 5k with berzerk and enrage active... 3.0.8 brought us the 16% mangle nerf, but it should only be a 2% threat nerf overall and <16% while berzerk is active

my talent build and rotation is the same as before, the only reason for the threat loss (20-30%) to me is either a bug or the fact that our threat is highly dependent on buffs like BoS... on some runs i'm back to my 3.5k TPS but then in another raid i'm back at 2.5k TPS (my armor didn't change a lot from 3.0.3 to 3.0.8 so less rage generation due to higher mitigation can't be the reason)

does anyone think there's somethin wrong with bear threat?

/edit: i'm talkin about single target (boss) tankin...
#12 - Feb. 4, 2009, 2:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
since i can't join the discussion on the US forums (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14498473051&sid=1), i've got to bring it to these forums...

Ghostcrawler:
Q u o t e:
We're not aware of any problems with bear threat, but we'll look into it.

the day 3.0.8 went live i felt my threat was decreased about 1k TPS, i was doing 3.5k TPS on average 6-7k with berzerk and enrage active, now i'm doing about 2.5k TPS on average 5k with berzerk and enrage active... 3.0.8 brought us the 16% mangle nerf, but it should only be a 2% threat nerf overall and <16% while berzerk is active

my talent build and rotation is the same as before, the only reason for the threat loss (20-30%) to me is either a bug or the fact that our threat is highly dependent on buffs like BoS... on some runs i'm back to my 3.5k TPS but then in another raid i'm back at 2.5k TPS (my armor didn't change a lot from 3.0.3 to 3.0.8 so less rage generation due to higher mitigation can't be the reason)

does anyone think there's somethin wrong with bear threat?

/edit: i'm talkin about single target (boss) tankin...

Just blue-tagging this thread to make sure that more people will see it :-)

Ghostcrawler did indeed post that we have not been able to identify anything that could account for lower threat, but we will look into it as well as follow discussions such as this one.