CoH / WG

#0 - Jan. 23, 2009, 3:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok read ur huuuuuge blue post about CoH/ WG Cooldowns

So from what i gather in that post is:

Shamans : 1 button spammers and instead of giving them something else to click you put cooldowns on other healers abilitie to raid heal .. smart choice imo not but thats just me.. Jack of all trades as u call them on blizzard site is now Jack of 1 button

Paladins: Glyph of holy light, hey guys i can do a shaman now cause my glyph accounts for over 20% of my healing and with it i can target 1 person and just click click cause i have 20 yard range on my glyph i AM the new CoH

Priests: now played like intended was never about 1 button mashing CoH and those that did well they should have rolled Shaman.... the ONLY thing i never see in a raid is LOLwell... reason .. after 30% dmg taken tick is off.... "hey tank click the lolwell" , as for the other spells they are all being used atleast by the priests ive played with .. CoH heals for so little its not viable as a main spell its still just a backup even without the 6sec cd..

Druids: Hotties all i can say and that dance omg , but on the gameplay aspect well basicly they have a major heal that is even stronger than the priest Greater heal yet you made it cost so much its not even used .. not ONCE in raids... not even on patchwerk cause Nourish is more mana efficient than Healing touch... Wildgrowth was before nerf even higher healing than CoH except malygos in vortex that is..

So imo those out there that wanted another button to push why not sit back read ur class and in all honestly could we get the ppl that do NOT know how to play their class to either read up or re-roll cause as far as im concerned priest never was nor will be a 1 button spammer, so in all honestly i fail to see the gain by putting these cooldowns on druids/priests cause some players out there cannot and will not use other spells than the lazy 1. and as far as the "hunter we cant take you cause CoH is for the melee bla bla " and here comes the cap´s WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP ! in our guild we HAVE NEVER left ANYONE out cause of that ridicoulus / pathetic / childish statement... WE NEVER set our raids according to A HEALING SPELL !

to be it just seems your are playing along in the dark with the reasons as to why you did this change but then again ive failed to see the reasoning in alot of changes seen, yes by all means but cooldowns here and there so that the "little man" must push more buttons, but dumbing down the game to much will make the "smarter man" quit all togheter and u will notice that there will not be that many Holy priests left in the game and eventually you will hear the comment "nah we dont need priests cause we got paladins with glyph n beacon but thank you for wanting to join"
#9 - Jan. 28, 2009, 9:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Priests: now played like intended was never about 1 button mashing CoH
Indeed. However, in some cases it could be all about 1 button mashing -- and I know this from experience ;-) Players who haven't been doing this anyhow will find the change easier to adjust to.
Q u o t e:
Druids: Hotties all i can say and that dance omg
Agreed. ;-)
Q u o t e:
eventually you will hear the comment "nah we dont need priests cause we got paladins with glyph n beacon but thank you for wanting to join"
And if that does end up the case, that isn't what we want so further changes would be considered.
#55 - Feb. 4, 2009, 5:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

CoH can save lives, but not really. Malygos is a great example. Even if there are injured ppl when vortex is about to start, and you could use CoH, you dont want to, because before vortex you want to start sticking shieds on people put a PoM up so you can use it twice during vortex and renew targets at low health so they are guaranteed to survive the vortex. The only time you get to use CoH in the entire encounter is after you land and cast a PoH on your group and you only use it once, in over 15 seconds of intense raid damage to heal less than 3% of the damage taken. Even if you did not cast CoH at all ppl would survive just fine.

Just a note related to this; we have identified a bug that is preventing Circle of Healing, and also Wild Growth, from being able to find targets in Vortex. Although a nerf was made preventing these heals from being spammed, it wasn't intended that these heals shouldn't work during Vortex.

We are looking into having this issue fixed soon.