How to play as a skilled warrior please?

#0 - Dec. 19, 2006, 3:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
HI I'M sorry, I made this post in the general forum, but for some reason it was locked. I know realise I used the wrong forum. this is the PvP forum, so I am now reposting in the correct area

hi, I am seeking guidance from other members of the community. I have already tried checking the Warrior forums, but they seem to be as clueless as me. there are some very helpful individuals, usually freshly at level 60 with rare gear such as the "ice barbed spear" and "spaulders of valor" who have no problem executing many killing blows in player versus player battlegrounds, however once they have informed me of their greatness, and I ask when what to do in specific circumstances, they no longer make replies to me. I assume they obviously do not need these helpboards, and are in game kicking lots of bum. most of the players having problems only have gear from places like "Blackwing Lair" and the Temple of Ahn'Quiraj, which I assume are far inferior to mighty dungeons such as Scholomance and the Sunken Temple.

basically, I am interested in learning to play my class, and I here for advice from the professional players who recommended I take this "l2p" course of action. I would like for all of the skilled Druids, and the Paladins, and the Warlocks who know how to play Warrior effectively to help.

I am quite confused.

I often find myself unable to reach my attackers, I have an ability called charge, and an ability called intercept which rapidly propel towards my opponent. however, I find that often when I do this I am then held to the spot by a variety of ice-based attacks, or "horrified" so much that I jog away from them a little bit. sometimes I can injure their hamstring so they waddle a little bit, but this seems to give most of them a forcefield which absorbs my sword.

is this forcefield hurting my sword? and which ability do I use to counter it, do I rend, or do I demoralising shout? if the other classes could give me a tip on which of my abilities (sunder armour? mocking blow perhaps?) to use, I would be much appreciated.

I am also confused about some other things.

I hear PvP is like rock, paper, scissors. but then I also hear that the game is not balanced around one versus one. I am greatly confused by this, as I always thought rock, paper, scissors was an extremely balanced one on one game, where one move would beat one, but lose to another. sometimes when people use these arguments I get the impression that they are making fun of me.

people also often say that I should only be doing group PvP. at first I was confused because I often played in 10 man teams in "Warsong Gulch", and even larger teams in "Alterac Valley". however, I often die in a matter of seconds when I come across tiny little Gnomes in a dress. I guess this is where my skills should come into play. I also must be very poor at playing, because a friend told me the most important person in a PvP group is the "Priest", and even they manage to function outside of a group! he said they have button that makes them win, and that they could melt my face. thankfully this has not happened yet, which is good because I am yet to come across a plastic surgeon in this game.

some players I have noticed, have become so adept at playing the game, that they are able to kill me in one move! I realise they must have trained for many years to become so skilled (sometimes even double my hitpoints!), but I have many times managed to equip my shield before these Pyroblasts hit me, to protect me from their harmful effects, but to no avail. I came to the conclusion this must have been due to server lag.

so please, if you are a skill player, and you know the ins and outs of a Warrior in PvP, please tell me what I need to do to be as powerful as everyone else, and when you're done you might want to be charitable in this, the season of goodwill, and spread your knowledge and wisdom to the Warrior community, as there are obviously many many "noobs" there, in their "Conquerors Battlegear" (looks like plastic, no wonder it can withstand little or no damage from others).

/rhetoric
#7 - Dec. 19, 2006, 4:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It was trolling in the general forum and it's trolling here too.