Logitech G15 keyboards bannable ?

#0 - March 4, 2007, 12:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Whilest searching about how to understand, knowing about and/or finding coordinates in maps and that I don't end up violating any TOU of some sort and what-not, I found a couple of issues of people getting banned for the use of a Logitech G15 keyboard.

These issues was concluded by Blizzard that it is "boting".

As we all know that these keyboards have programmable macro keys.

So Blizzard, is the use of these keyboards really bannable ?
#6 - March 6, 2007, 3:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey Luvyaorblahd,

I think Sheathe's example is the best in this matter. There is ingame support for the keyboard (stats etc) meaning that the keyboard in itself is fine for use.

Though as the other posters have said use of the macro system to make unattended game play may cause issues with our Terms of Use. I would ask that you are careful with what you use it for as it may have repercussions on your account otherwise :)

Other than that, enjoy the keyboard :)

Edited for spelling
#8 - March 6, 2007, 6:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey again,

I see my post wasn't the clearest as to how it is supported. The extra features are the display of your character stats on the small LCD, Battleground stats on LCD and a few other bits and pieces.

The mapping of actions (eg hotbar to drink a potion or use an ability) to the extra keys is fine. :)
#18 - Sept. 12, 2007, 4:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Indeed, the key word is "Unattended".

While I can certainly see the advantage of say, been able to create large amounts of water while away from your keyboard, this is still classed as automated play, and as such is against the Terms of Use.

Your other example could also be considered to be automated play. In short, the keyboard should not be used to perform any action which a player cannot perform himself in-game using the regular macro interfaces. Obviously there is no in-game function which would allow you to cast multiple spells in the way you have specified, meaning it is not allowed with the keyboard.

Issuntril