UK: Why don't we have our own server?

#0 - Jan. 14, 2007, 1:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If I'm Spanish, French, or German I get to play with my countrymen.

If I'm from the UK I am forced to play with plebs from the North European countries who speak pigeon english. Someone explain this to me please? Why do Germans, Spanish, French get their own servers yet we're forced to spend our time with people who find things like "epix" "plx" and "l2p" (ok that's an Americanism) amusing?

I'm constantly surrounded by people who can't spell words you learn in primary school like "write", "lose" and so on. I am not xenophobic in the slightest but I am really reaching the end of my tether with these simpletons.

Give these guys their own servers. They can keep the English content, just have a server where we have some people who are culturally similar to us, or speak in their own native language.
#322 - Jan. 14, 2007, 6:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
UK: Why don' we have our own server?

You lose.
#334 - Jan. 14, 2007, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Ermm is that kind of response really warranted?

I mean your meant to be a Blizz representative, we just want to know why we can't play soley with our countrymen or at least with people that can speak legiable English.

Not very impressive really...

Firstly, I was simply pointing out the irony.
Secondly, I believe in the fact that we, as a species, should be generally evolving over time. I think this process would then include tolerance and understanding. coming closer together as people, not further apart (due to any barrier).
#338 - Jan. 14, 2007, 6:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
derogatory about my country
What?! Where?
You must have missed the irony of a general complaint about improper use of language containing a typo in the subject..
#340 - Jan. 14, 2007, 7 p.m.
Blizzard Post
17 Pages is enough of this. Not wanting to play with certain other people is everyone's (tacit) perogative, but in that case an MMO might not be the best choice.
Cultural and linguistic diversity, openness and tolerance should all be good things and therefore embraced.
If you don't want to, don't do so quietly.