Blizzards Cruelty To Animals

#0 - Jan. 23, 2007, 12:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So there i was, flying around netherstorm on my shiny new flying mount, when it occurred to me i had entered combat, confused i looked around, only to realise my pet was running along the ground 40 yards underneath me piling through mobs. While this wasnt a serious concern unless i stopped, it began to worry me. Then flying over a gaping chasm that was an infinite drop into the nether, i happily soared over on my griff, only to watch my piggy selflessly pile straight over the cliff into the nether to its death.

I brought this up with a GM and he stated that it was working as intended. Why would you intend this u cruel evil pet-killing gits? My pet is so stupid and defenseless that he even kills himself now! I was offered the option of dismissing the pet everytime i mount up........but as well as that being a pain, it loses him happiness. Can't you just make it despawn the same as when we use a flightpoint?
#17 - Jan. 23, 2007, 1:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Aeus just told me that some of you guys have too much time :-)
#18 - Jan. 23, 2007, 1:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Aeus just told me that some of you guys have too much time :-)

I LOL'd though :)
#24 - Jan. 23, 2007, 1:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

zomg spam!

but what about the problem thought about it yet ??

I'll suggest an addition to leatherworking ;)
#30 - Jan. 23, 2007, 2:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

If i remember correct his pet died in some endless oblivious never ending (that was over done, right?) gap of the world, so you suggest he can fly down to the spot his pet died and skin it for some nice leather?

So this would involve:
1. skinning while mounted
2. not dying yourself when flying into oblivion
3. seeing an exploit in killing your pet over and over again for endless leather :)

I was thinking more in the direction of a pet harnass on the fm.. oO