16/01 How to activate the Netherwhelp

#0 - Jan. 15, 2007, 11:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
European World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Collector's Edition owners are kindly asked to complete the process on the below webpage in order to receive their exclusive Netherwhelp in-game pet.

Please do not contact our billing support team on this issue, as they are unable to provide any further details or speed the process, and the extra calls would adversely affect their service to players.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burningcrusade/activatepet.htm

FAQ posted here: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=118331991&postId=1182313047&sid=1#0

12/01 European Collector's Edition Netherwhelp Pet (original news)
We have discovered an unforeseen production issue that will require a few extra steps for European World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Collector's Edition owners to access their exclusive Netherwhelp in-game pet. We will update the website with further details on this issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we ask that you retain your proof of purchase and the complete contents of your Collector's Edition box set, including the content description sheet, after making your purchase.

This issue concerns only the in-game activation of the Netherwhelp pet. All the physical contents of your Collector's Edition are of the quality we strive for in Blizzard special editions, and the ability to upgrade your World of Warcraft account to play The Burning Crusade from 00:01, January 16 is unaffected in any way.

Please do not contact our billing support team as they do not have any details on this issue, and the extra calls would adversely affect their service to players. More details will come on the website before the launch of The Burning Crusade.

We sincerely appreciate the continued support from the European community, and apologise for the delay in activation of this feature.
#487 - Jan. 18, 2007, 11:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just wanted to drop in and point people to the update in the first post based on responses in other threads. We're collecting more questions and hope to be able to provide answers to these shortly.
#501 - Jan. 18, 2007, 1:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Extending the reply-limit of this thread to allow the discussions and information exchange to continue. Please check the first post for updates and Q&A.
#520 - Jan. 18, 2007, 3:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What if we can't send a letter to France or if we want to keep our entire box in tact? :(

It's understandable if you want to keep the entire contents, but considering the current solution we have in place we won't be able to help those people.
#521 - Jan. 18, 2007, 3:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Collectors edition and we have to cut the barcode out the box, destroying the box?! aswell as sending it to france! Along with the Collector Reference Card!? which is part of the box set... will we get this back?
The Collectors edition cost over twice as much at the standard one, and you give us 2 pathetic days free. try upping it to 2 months.......

Thankfully, no, you won't have to cut up your box. There is an extra sheet, which is loose from the actual box, which on the very bottom has a small section with a barcode. This is the only thing you need to cut out, leaving the entire box in one piece.
#532 - Jan. 18, 2007, 4:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
please say we can send you a photocopy i'm not destroying any part of my pack for love nor money but i will be annoyed if i dont get my pet(s since its 2 CE's)

A photocopy will unfortunately not do the trick, but if you are not willing to cut out the barcode from the content description sheet at the back of the box, you can send a clear photocopy of your receipt or other proof of purchase instead.
#539 - Jan. 18, 2007, 4:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I do not understand why you need to cut the barcode out and I hope this is reviewed

If it is the serial data that is needed above and below the barcode as well as the barcode itself people should be able to just write down the details or scan the barcode?

People as said do not want to be destroying their boxes for an error of this sort, they also loose a card as well.

I understand copies of the other items will not do but there should be something on hand to send out replacement boxes and cards at the very least

For now, the only solution available in order to get the netherwhelp, is to follow the procedure that is explained on the homepage:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/burningcrusade/activatepet.htm

But please note that you if you don't have your content description sheet anymore, or you simply do not wish to damage it, you can send a clear photocopy of your receipt or other proof of purchase instead.
#556 - Jan. 18, 2007, 9:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've posted a new FAQ to cover most questions related to the CE pet issue. Please have a look and feel free to post additional questions in either thread.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=118331991&sid=1
#576 - Jan. 19, 2007, 2:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Probably wasting my time a blue will likely not see this.. BUT... it might be nice if they added a section to the account page to at least let us know status of pet.. as we cant even check with them.. for the worry they don't have enough staff to deal with our calls..

Once the pet is activated we will send an e-mail to the address registered to the account it is activated on.
#758 - Jan. 29, 2007, 10:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
LOL, I just read a post where some guy sold his 'Lurky' to the vendors.

This has been hotfixed, so it's no longer possible to sell Lurky to a vendor.
#768 - Jan. 30, 2007, 9:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
First of all, we'll look into the reported delays in having the pets activated and get back to you on that.

Some other responses:

Q u o t e:
• Question 1: How can I / You guys make sure that the letter with the requested contents is going to be mailed "safe" to france?
• Question 2: Can I send the letter without the "Burning Crusade Collector" tagged on my letter? - I guess this would make it a lot safer to send.
• Question 3: Will there be an alternative solution to this problem? - because if there is/or is any on its way, I won't send the letter at all.

You can send it as a registered letter, which should hopefully also scare off any (hopefully extremely rare) mail-lifting mailmen.

We considered numerous options on how to best ensure that CE owners would get their pet, but it would also stay as exclusive as it was intended, and to do so with the lest amount of trouble for the CE owners. This was discussed with the parties involved and we arrived at the current one. There are thus no plans for alternative solutions.

Q u o t e:
This is my question. Lets say I was willing to cut out the barcode, or mail the whole piece with the code.. Include a copy of my reciept, would I still have to send my shining CE TGC turning card?

Yes, unfortunately the card must be included. To ensure that the pets remain limited we need a way to confirm that only those with a CE box get to upgrade an account. Between the different items in the box, this is the unique one we considered the best option.

Q u o t e:
OMG what if i can't send what they required by the Feb deadline?? They won't give the pet then?
Q u o t e:
i sended it today 24jan

this isnt to late right?

There's no hard deadline for sending the letter. We do encourage people to send it before February 28th though.
#795 - Feb. 2, 2007, 11:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We've made an addition to the FAQ (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=118331991&sid=1&pageNo=1):

What do I do if it's been more than 10 days since I send the letter and the pets still haven't been activated on my account??
Please contact our Account and Billing department: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/accountbilling.html
#832 - Feb. 8, 2007, 3:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're merging the two old threads into one to keep everything in one place and make sure we can more easily address any questions not covered in the FAQ:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=125012655&sid=1