Voice Chat

Forum Avatar
#0 - July 12, 2007, 10:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
http://www.worldofraids.com/

Voice Chat to be introduced in WoW free of charge. I personally cannot see the point, plus it will as far as I can see raise more problems. For 2 plus years in PuGs I have managed very easily to communicate to others by typing as others have to me. In guild runs we've always had vent, as voice is faster than typing etc so yes voice offers an advantage.

However, I don't really wish to listen to other people being rude and abusive to someone as can be the case in 5man PuGs or even worse an Alliance BG. Ok you may well say mute the voice, will this mute my gameplay sound or just voices of other players, if it is the latter then I am likely to miss important information and the abuse, no gain in my eyes.

Secondly there is a profanity filter ingame on typed words what about the voice chat? Never ever going to happen is it, you protect the eyes yet you let it bypass that via the ears, pointless. Also don't Blizzard have an abusive policy where if someone is abused then Blizzard will ban them? Typed info can be recorded whereas I would find it hard for voice to be the same, will this lead to cases of 'crying wolf' or abusers getting away scot free? Simply leave could be your answer, why should those that are abusive get their say surely it should be those that don't that should stay and the abusive removed.

I've been in games online where they've had free voicecoms and personally found it quite unhelpful and abusive so I don't see why it needs to be introduced to WoW. There are voice comm products out there for when you need to speak to people, guild runs etc ie Vent and Teamspeak and if you really want small free VoIP then try Skype.

You've seen how rude and abusive these message boards can get, do we really wish to listen to it as well?
#10 - July 12, 2007, 12:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just to get this straight: we add a feature which could be cool and useful in some situations, for free, which you can turn off whenever you want and it's still not good? Why do I get the feeing it just doesn't mater _what_ we do?
#16 - July 12, 2007, 12:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

and make the Louvre glow in the dark.

Duh.

The Eiffel tower already does that :) Starting to wonder about the correlation between that phenomenon and the amount of complaints on this forum...hmmmm
#17 - July 12, 2007, 12:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Oh Jeez what exactly is your problem?
"If I have it it will suck :("
"If I turn it off I will not have it and this will suck :("
How the hell old are you?

You can't reduce it to age.. people of all ages like to complain ;)