Racism? Or what...

#0 - Oct. 15, 2007, 10:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I just read about your contest.. http://www.wow-europe.com/en/contests/hallowsend2007/ when on elegible country Italy is missing.
Now, I really can't understand why we can't partecipate on this contest, I can live with the lack of assistance you gave us, I can live with the bad reputation of italians (but again, you can't blame all of us due to few stupid people..), but this is really too much, an explanation is needed.
#45 - Oct. 16, 2007, 3:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Mordantes, first you say:
Q u o t e:
I don't think a link on "countries not elegible due to legal problems" will take too much work for blue guy...

Then Ethen says:
Q u o t e:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10701147&sid=1
Q u o t e:
Q: Why can't players from all countries participate in your contests?
A: Unfortunately there are restrictions outside our control that apply to contests of this kind, and we as well as our sponsors have to abide by the laws and regulations of the different countries in Europe. We do our best to work with (or around) this and adapt our contests to the different regulations, but we will not gamble with the law and must therefore exclude some countries from our contests. We will continue to adapt our contests, gather additional information and look into the fine details of national lottery and contest laws to try include as many countries as possible in the future.

(snipped a bit for clarity)

Then you say:
Q u o t e:
This never answer to my question

Please be reasonable. I'm no lawyer, I don't know the ins and outs of any countries laws regarding competitions, but I do know that we actively try to include as many nations as possible in our competitions - not doing so is just against everyone's best interests. The nature of different competitions leads to different restrictions in different countries so there is no hard and fast list. We have nothing against any nationality.

(Except next Saturday I'll be firmly opposed to any South Africans for about 80 minutes give or take a half time - but that's just me, I'm the only English CM)