Once more about Russian servers

#0 - Nov. 22, 2007, 2:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings,

To be honest, our previous attempt to attract Blizzard's attention was kind of unpolite. Sorry about that :)

Now, let's discuss the problem.

It’s not a secret that there are a lot of Russian players in WoW and they are mostly playing at a few realms. 3 realms have become almost entirely Russian-speaking, and 3 more like 50/50 – Russian/International. Also there are many Russian guilds on different English servers. Shouldn't forget all those people, who plays on servers with small Russian population but would love to transfer to decent Russian server.

Now I want mention servers with big Russian population:
Warsong EU (like 95% Russian) – Full – long queues
Stonemaul EU (like 95% Russian) – Full – long queues (up to 1000, ~40 mins waiting), lags, disconnects.
Shadowmoon EU (95% Russian) - pretty high ping for Russians. I dunno why but it is 200+ for me instead of 100 on Stonemaul/Warsong.
Tarren Mill EU, Zenedar EU, Kazzak EU also contain a lot of Russian players.

So we [Russian WoW-community] would like to play together without causing problems to people who does not speak Russian. Surely some people had that experience on Stonemaul, Warsong and Shadowmoon servers before migrations and both sides didn’t like the situation.

I am really sorry but there are alot of people who basically cannot ask a question in-game because they don't know English, so they try to ask using their native language. And surely it makes non-Russian speaking people angry. That starts conflicts and stuff.

We want to ask Blizzard if it possible to create specific servers marked “Russian” for us, it will help us to unite and also non-Russian speaking players wont join servers like Shadowmoon only to understand on higher levels that the game wont be comfortable with such population. Also Russian newcomers will know where to go to play with max comfort :)

For your information, not only Russians speak Russian, but a lot of people from other countries like Ukraine, Belarus etc. Now imagine real number of Russian-speaking players :)

We would like to ask something like “Russian” tab on the Realm Selection page and a few servers for Russian only.

We don’t even ask for localization, yet it is most wanted ^_^
Let “Russian” tab be the first step in unification of Russian-speaking players.

And something more about why do we want new servers besides unification.
As you can see, we have 2 popular servers (Warsong and Stonemaul), which are locked for transfer, full with huge queues, lagging and disconnecting players. It makes the game not that comfortable. People have to come for raids 40 mins earlier only because terrible queues. And thats crap for people who has work because they have to come home earlier then usually.
Also for example if you play on Stonemaul and want another your character to be transferred to your lovely realm... and what? Thats locked for transfer, not good.

Unfortunately, we have missed free migration to Shadowmoon server, but at that time situation was a little better but now it is terrible. So creating more servers for Russian people with preferable free migration would solve all the problems with queues and stuff. And after all Shadowmoon has not the best ping, thats the reason which stopped some people from migration as well. The migrations to and from "Russian" servers shows that Blizzard thinks about the problem, but we want real action and an answer from blue posters :)

And one more thing. So-called "Russian" servers lack the moderation. Basically, reporting "bad" words spam and stuff wont go long way without qualified Russian GMs who can read and understand things which a person who isnt native of Russia wont understand. I have seen spamming "bad" words, racism and nationalism in general chat, but more likely GMs cannot understand all that crap :P

P.S. Russian community now is angry and annoyed with all those lags and queues and thinking about migrating as big crowd to another server with paid character transfer. Personnaly, I dont like the idea because that will cause alot of multi-language problems and 1 more server will get in conflicted state. But... do we have anything else to do?

Thanks for reading.
Best regards, worldofwarcraft.ru community.

Comments are welcome.
#97 - Nov. 22, 2007, 4:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locked due to petition-like behaviour of the thread.