[BUG] Cannot change resolution in Windowed

#0 - May 23, 2007, 10:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Windows Vista 64 bits, 7900GT

After 2.1 i cannot change the resolution in windowed mode.

I play in windowed because i have 2 displays, and this allows me to search info or do different things on the second display while i play on the primary, and in window mode it allows me to quick switch from WoW to firefox or skype or whatever i need.

But now, even if i change it in to 1280x1024 it goes back to 800x600, making it impossible to play.

And i really need the possibility to quick switch between programs (not alt-tab).

I hope this get fixed really quick, it is game-breaking for me.

Thanks.
#4 - May 23, 2007, 10:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Windows Vista 64 bits, 7900GT

After 2.1 i cannot change the resolution in windowed mode.

I play in windowed because i have 2 displays, and this allows me to search info or do different things on the second display while i play on the primary, and in window mode it allows me to quick switch from WoW to firefox or skype or whatever i need.

But now, even if i change it in to 1280x1024 it goes back to 800x600, making it impossible to play.

And i really need the possibility to quick switch between programs (not alt-tab).

I hope this get fixed really quick, it is game-breaking for me.

Thanks.

I recommend posting in the tech support forum. But keep in mind that Vista is not yet officially supported for WoW.
#6 - May 23, 2007, 10:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm having trouble with my unit frames? Oh bugger. I clicked run addons out of date.. but my ag_unitframes seem not to be working with the latest patch! Now i have to wait the new version and I'm too impatient. Bugger, this is not good.. Blizzard, I understand that you just introduced a HUGE patch with many wonderful and cool things, but I am very disppointed you didn't catch this one. I can't understand why you didn't dedicate all your resources to fixing this. At least provide all the AddOn programmers with all your changes at least for about 2 months (PTR anyone?) so they can look what needs to be fixed. Thank you for listening to my rant.

Fixed.
#8 - May 23, 2007, 10:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

haha, that was funny :-p

my addons seem to be bugging too, the flight masters cannot be used because i get some weird screen with *filler text* on top and then alot of dots.

also when speaking to the new quest guy next to the flight master i only see her face + the big X with which you can exit the window, instead of the window with text in it.

well.... gotta figure out which addon is ruining it for me

For AddOn issues I highly recommend posting in out UI forum, since that's the likely place to find many people with similar glitches and even a AddOn programmer or two :)

Obvious answer is to look for any AddOns that change the Windows, ie: Skinner, Extended Quest Log, stuff like that :)