Shy's guide to maximising FoK and KS damage.

#0 - Jan. 15, 2010, 5:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey all.

So i decided to make this guide because it will be a whole lot eaiser to direct folk here and let them copy paste etc, instead of going the long way around each time and explaining individually in game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shy's guide to maximising FoK and KS damage

As you may well know, to get the most out of FoK and KS you need to use as damaging a weapon as possible in you MH *and* your OH.

This guide mainly deals with the macros on how to swop in your nice, fat, off hand weapons.

Before i begin it's worth noting that to make a macro just type /macro into the game, and when writing down names of skills and items there is no need to do it manually...

Instead of typing, hover the mouse over the item or the skill and 'Shift+left click' it as this will copy paste it into the macro box.

Also, if you want to copy paste from here to in game, highlight the text and press 'ctrl+C'. This copies it, and to paste it in game press 'ctrl+V'.

Main attack macro:

This is the most important macro as it ensures you are using the correct weapons when using your main attack.

/equipslot 17 nameofnormaloffhandweapon
/startattack
/cast sinister strike
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()

Simple spamable main attack button, targets enemy and makes sure your normal off hand weapon is equipped. Put this macro where your normal attack button is.

FoK:

/startattack
/equipslot 17 nameofweapon
/cast Fan of Knives

A very simple macro which equips the desired weapon to your OH, automatically starts attacking a new target after you current target dies and, ofc, cast FoK.

The weapon you decide to use for your off hand Fokking could be a dagger or a heavyier weapon, you will have to do the math at home to figure out which of your spare higer hitting weapons to use (remember daggers do 150% fok damage).

Poisions for FoK:

Personally i use deadly on the new OH wep but only if the fight will one long enough to attain a 5 stack of deadly poison on all mobs and thus making extra deadly stacks proc instant.

For fast fights i use instant/wound

KS

/equipslot 17 nameofweapon
/cast nameofracial (if you have a use on effect damaging racial)
/cast nameoftrinket (if you have a use on effect damaging trinket)
/cast killing spree

Not that complicated really. The first time you press this it will equip your slow high damaging weapon that you want to use in your OH. Then the second time you press it will activate a desired trinket and racial AND killing spree, all at the same time as none of these three share GCD's.

Personally i press the macro once to equip the weapon, then press Blade Flurry and then press the macro again to preform killing spree.

*Be carefull* NOT to start spamming you normal attack again while doing the KS as you can change weapons while doing a KS so you will end up doing some of the KS with your normal weapon if you do that.

Poisons:

Same as poisons above.

Worth noting my start rotation here i guess.....

SS or Garrote
SnD
SS untill 5 combo points
BF
KS macro
5 point Snd
AR
Then lots of SS and Evis's etc and into your normal rotation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now then. This is all well and good when your have weapons that have a different name, but should you happen to have weapons with the same name there are a few modifications that you will need to make.

I know, and you thought it was all over.. qq :D

First thing you need to do is aquaint yourself with wow's built in equipment manager. Here you will need to make 2 different gear set ups! One with normal weapons, and one with your desired weapons equipped for foking and KS.

Name the normal set up 'A'
Name the fok and KS set up 'B'
(just for the sake of simplicity)

Now your macros will look like this....

Normal attack:

/equipset A
/startattack
/cast sinister strike

FoK:

/equipset B
/cast Fan of Knives

KS:

/equipset B
/cast nameofracial (if you have an use on effect damaging racial)
/cast nameoftrinket (if you have an use on effect damaging trinket)
/cast killing spree

Thats it, if anyone sees any mistakes or has any other tips feel free to post, enjoy!
#16 - Feb. 5, 2010, 5:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Slapping on a blue tag on this one!

Nice Initiative :]