New world bosses please

#0 - March 9, 2009, 6:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So... now that Kazzak and Doomwalker can be 5 manned for handful's of BoE epics and about 100g to each player (yes, they can be both downed in under 15 mins), it seems like it's time for another world raid boss. If there is one, and I'm missing it or it's coming soon, let me know.
#1 - March 9, 2009, 6:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are no plans to add an outdoor raid boss at this time.
#4 - March 9, 2009, 6:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
How about an indoor one?

Like in one of the non-instanced dungeons.

Nah, instead we'll go with 15 instanced ones.
#25 - March 9, 2009, 7:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ulduar + new vault boss.

Ding!

Q u o t e:
Any particular reason? I know that Kazzak griefing was extreme but that was because of his mechanics. Never heard anyone complain about Doomwalker.

Outdoor bosses were a nice change of pace when my guild was bored and needed something to do. It's also cool to see a truly menacing thing outside of a raid zone.

Story wise I agree they are fun, beyond that I think there would be a lot of arguments on both sides as to their fun factor. It is always possible we will add more in the future, we just want to make sure they feel right and fit in with what we want to accomplish at the time.
#37 - March 9, 2009, 7:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Thanks for answering my original post. How bout buffing the hell out of doomwalker and kazzak so that we can go back and enjoy them. They're pushovers. Kazzak even enraged and it was hardly an issue.

But what about Ragnaros, Nefarion, and C'thun?

We are focusing on new/current content which just doesn't include an outdoor raid boss at this time. We'll see what the future brings.
#42 - March 9, 2009, 7:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This is confirmation of future outdoor bosses!

Oh right right, all instances are kaput, nothing but outdoor raid bosses and while we're at it they will just be named Bornakk1, Bornakk2, etc. :-p
#66 - March 9, 2009, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So what's the hard mode on Bornakk 1 ? Engage him with the adds Zarhym, Netharea and Eyeonix still alive ?

You'd have no chance at winning, ever. /summon guardian of blizzard
#68 - March 9, 2009, 8:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You almost make it sound like the player base wouldn't like the opportunity to do a massive raid on a boss named Bornakk.

Good point, I'm sure many people would love to "kill" me on a weekly basis.