Vanity rewards - don't you get it, Blizz?

#0 - March 13, 2009, 6:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Baron Rivendare's Deathcharger was once upon a time called "the holy grail of mounts."

Nowadays, I don't take mine out (I got it post-patch) because its content is so trivialized that everyone has one. Same goes for ZG Raptors and Tigers if I had one, because every DK and their mom is farming for those.

You don't remove vanity rewards because they're 'omg maybe server 2nd guild can get one.' This isn't the arena season netherdrakes. Would you stop taking away the fun of this game for everyone but the top handful out of millions of players? Nobody cares if the mounts are cheapened later. Like other ezified vanity items, they just will mean less.

Vanity items are for fun, please stop turning everything into some huge super-elitist-only crap. Yeah, eventually these drakes will be less impressive - just like EVERY pve item EVER.

PvE is not seasonal, it is linear. people complete the content they can, and keep moving up. You don't lock everyone but the cutting edge guild out of all PvE content. Items start with prestige and move down to commonplace. The real hardcore players will have the newest raiding achievement mounts. Just like their old top-tier gear will be commonplace and we will idolize their tier8. That is their prestige. We will all look at them and oggle their spiffy new Ulduar mounts. But please leave us our PvE fun.

#24 - March 14, 2009, 2:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
please stop turning everything into some huge super-elitist-only crap.

Define "everything."

Q u o t e:
Yeah, eventually these drakes will be less impressive - just like EVERY pve item EVER.

And they will only become more rare with time.