Druid 7.2 Mount/travel Questions

#1 - Feb. 25, 2017, 2:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So bare with me, as I just started to play wow, but from what I have understand thus far.

Druid Travel form's no longer have an Glyph that made us as fast as Normal Mounts, and on top of this now we're gettin' an new "travel form" mount, which mean we won't be max flyin' speed also.

Am I missin' something here in fairness for this new mount/travel form?

Also will people be Allow to ride on our new Travel Form? like how people can ride on us when we're Stag From.

Cause i'm tryin' understand how this is a perk to our Current class , Like I get they wanted to make new mount for ALL classes but if this mount form is just our Travel mode , we'll be slower then other anyways cause Druid lost the Glyph when Legion came out that let us be as fast as the normal mounts.

----------

TD;LR

Will our New Travel/Mount be as Fast as Normal Mounts?

Will People be able to get on the back of us and Ride us?

These are things i'm not seein' much answer or being Addressed.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#13 - Feb. 27, 2017, 5:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/25/2017 05:06 AMPosted by Elahrin
02/24/2017 10:02 PMPosted by Hushkawnek
Never even thought about the flight speed. We'd better have the same bumps for our form, considering it's our class "mount." Anything less is sorta bull!@#$, since I already assume that being a form doesn't contribute to mount numbers for achievements (stomacheable, while flight speed is not).

Here's what I think is going to happen - druid flight form isn't going to be affected by the broken isles speed boost, other flying mounts are. Just like how ground travel form isn't affected by the broken isles speed boost but normal ground mounts are.

Really hope I'm wrong here, waiting to be pleasantly surprised.

Good news! The Archdruid's Lunarwing Form operates like a shapeshift in terms of benefits (instant cast, immune to polymorph, etc.) but also counts as an additional mount in your mount journal.

As for the second question, the movement speed bonus from Broken Isles Pathfinder I does not apply to flying speed, but druid Travel Form does benefit from the ground movement speed bonus in 7.2 (and this should be active on PTR)!
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#20 - Feb. 27, 2017, 7:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/27/2017 11:18 AMPosted by Kubeba

Can people mount us in flight form? Please Muffinus. It's all I've ever dreamed of

You can, indeed, carry others on your back in this form. Enjoy! :)
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#40 - March 7, 2017, 4:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Quick heads up about a change you'll be seeing in the next build.

We've found a few issues, and we're going to need to temporarily remove the Archdruid's Lunarwing Form from the mount journal. The option to change the look of your flight form will be available as an NPC in your class hall, operating similarly to the Glyph of the Sentinel.

We're working on getting a solution to you as soon as we can, apologies and thanks!

Also, since we're here, if you prefer it this way, please let us know.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#57 - March 8, 2017, 12:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Note that today's build was made while we were in the middle of making these changes, so it's in somewhat of an incomplete state. In the next build, here's how it'll function:

- Completing the questline unlocks the form for all Druids on your account, but only enables it for that character.
- Once unlocked, you can enable/disable it at will by talking to an NPC that's in the Dreamgrove (if you've completed the questline) and in Moonglade (always, for the alts).
- When enabled, Travel Form will use the form of a Lunarwing Owl instead of a Storm Crow, and it will be rideable by party members. You won't need any additional keybindings or macros.
- Glyph of the Sentinel takes priority over Lunarwing Form being enabled. If you have that glyph applied, you'll appear as a Sentinel.

Hope that helps clarify what to expect!