Terminal Cancer Patient says Goodbye

#1 - May 28, 2015, 4:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I found out a couple of months ago that I have terminal brain cancer and I just wanted to say a quick thanks to the WoW community for providing such a fun experience over the years!

Raiding in Vanilla WoW was so much fun! I belonged to a great guild back then and we had lots of fun experiences (and I still love the people in my current guild!) I will never forget the first time Rag rose up! Was that cool or what or the noise on vent when we took him down for the first time!

I will also never forget coming up on the entrance to Ironforge the first time and just being blown away by how cool it looked!

I've really enjoyed how the game has developed over the years and how willing the developers were to trying new things. I really couldn't have asked for much more :)

As far as the art in the game. Sam and all the others that have worked on this area over the years have killed it! I have to admit that the new Sylvanas Windrunner model really caught my eye. Glenn Rane you did an awesome job on her!

I've also made a bunch of great people in the game and have even met some in real life!

So to wrap it up thanks to the developers for making the best MMO ever and thanks to all the kind and considerate people I have met in game over the years!

Rich (AKA) Sunburst
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#30 - May 28, 2015, 6:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Sunburst, I was touched by your post and wanted to reminisce with you a bit if I may.

05/28/2015 09:59 AMPosted by Sunburst
I will never forget the first time Rag rose up! Was that cool or what or the noise on vent when we took him down for the first time!

Same amazing memory!! That was definitely one of the most epic moments in my past, too. I think we all screamed for a very long time.

I will also never forget coming up on the entrance to Ironforge the first time and just being blown away by how cool it looked!

During open beta, I somehow found myself flying into Ironforge on a Night Elf Druid I had made. It was pretty quiet back then so not a lot of people were in the city, but wow, I was blown away at the feeling of circling around inside prior to landing. What a sensation!

As far as the art in the game. Sam and all the others that have worked on this area over the years have killed it! I have to admit that the new Sylvanas Windrunner model really caught my eye. Glenn Rane you did an awesome job on her!

I have personally forwarded your kind words to these two gentlemen. :)

So to wrap it up thanks to the developers for making the best MMO ever and thanks to all the kind and considerate people I have met in game over the years!

What you're facing can't be easy, but I applaud your positivity and truly wish you the best, Sunburst. Thank you so much for sharing.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#87 - May 28, 2015, 7:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I found out a couple of months ago that I have terminal brain cancer and I just wanted to say a quick thanks to the WoW community for providing such a fun experience over the years!

Raiding in Vanilla WoW was so much fun! I belonged to a great guild back then and we had lots of fun experiences (and I still love the people in my current guild!) I will never forget the first time Rag rose up! Was that cool or what or the noise on vent when we took him down for the first time!

I've really enjoyed how the game has developed over the years and how willing the developers were to trying new things. I really couldn't have asked for much more :)

I've also made a bunch of great people in the game and have even met some in real life!

Rich (AKA) Sunburst

Thank you for being a part of our great adventure and thank you for sharing these thoughts with us.