Trade a WoW® Token for Battle.net Balance

#1 - Feb. 6, 2017, 8:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thee goblins of the Bilgewater Cartel have a golden opportunity for you, friend—introducing a new way to use your WoW® Token!

It’s just as easy as ever, but now when you use gold to buy a WoW Token from the Auction House in certain regions, you can to choose whether to convert it into 30 days of game time or Battle.net Balance*.

You can use Battle.net Balance to buy services like World of Warcraft character transfers, digital products like pets and mounts, and even purchase in-game items for other supported Blizzard games you play.

For more information, check out our Battle.net Balance support page and WoW Token support page.

*WoW Tokens can only be redeemed for Battle.net Balance in the currency associated with the registered Battle.net account address. Other restrictions apply.
#4 - Feb. 6, 2017, 8:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/06/2017 12:11 PMPosted by Korkol
02/06/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Phlynch
So, are you saying I could buy the next WoW expansion with WoW gold?
Yes, unless for some reason the expansion can't be bought for Battle.net balance.

Though I have no idea why that would be the case.
Yeah, in theory this should be possible. I'm not sure of limitations on that situation, but keep an eye on this page for possible updates in the future.
#12 - Feb. 6, 2017, 8:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/06/2017 12:17 PMPosted by Gbr
Can we use Battle.net balance to purchase things in the Blizzard gear store?
On the information page:
You can't use Battle.net Balance to purchase items from the Blizzard Gear Store, in-game products for Hearthstone on mobile devices, or World of Warcraft subscriptions—though you can buy game time in the Battle.net Shop.
#19 - Feb. 6, 2017, 8:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Looking into reports of the coffer's running dry. Most likely due to a high number of people buying tokens at the moment, but hang tight!