How do i see new artifact traits?

#1 - Jan. 22, 2017, 10:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Went to my forge and i can't see them, is it tied to that last order hall advancement?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Jan. 26, 2017, 2:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah, the new traits aren't accessible yet. Hope is to have them available next week. There's a short quest chain involved to unlock them, which is currently disabled.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Jan. 30, 2017, 11:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
30/01/2017 21:29Posted by Darothar
if i use AP-items and save up points on an artifact without using them, will i be able to put them into the new talents when they are available?
Yes, but there's no benefit in doing this:
  • You'll need to have reached the 35th trait in order to unlock the new traits
  • Any AP you've spent on traits 35-54 will be refunded when you unlock the new traits (as the 35th trait is consumed in order to unlock them), so you'll be able to re-spend that AP immediately

This week's build should have the 7.2 traits available, should hopefully be a lot more clear once you can see how it works in-game.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - Jan. 31, 2017, 2:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
30/01/2017 23:41Posted by Evangelià
2 issues:
- Before 7.1.5 players were at rank 54 and put more AP into the weapon
- Players can stay at rank 53 and keep adding AP to the weapon

So players have more AP in the weapon than 54 ranks require. What'll happen to this "extra" AP? Will it also be refunded or "deleted"?

The current Artifact Power cap is based on total amount of AP, not on number of ranks purchased. Once you have enough AP to buy your 54th rank, you'll no longer be able to add additional AP, regardless of whether you actually buy that final rank or not.

Any additional AP beyond 54 will not be refunded. The core intent here is that you cannot farm Artifact Power beyond what is useful in Patch 7.1.5 until Patch 7.2 releases.