PSA: Be Careful with your Essences

#1 - Jan. 20, 2017, 11:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I turned in my Touch of a Titan quest today, having looted the last 2 Essences I needed from my daily box, bringing me to a grand total of 52/50 essences. Upon completion and picking up the quest again to start working on my Sephuz's, I noticed I had 0/50 left.

Be careful when turning in the quest. If you are really close to having the required essences next Tuesday, don't use your Weekly M+ Cache to complete it. Save that for when you pick up the next round and get it from a daily box instead.
#10 - Jan. 21, 2017, 12:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/20/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Brockthorn
It's no different then any other daily quest. Once you get the set number of items and turn in the quest the next time you pick up the quest the overflow isn't there..it's reset.
I can see this being an issue in a few situations, specifically around Nighthold progression and going over the 50 "cap" by a moderate amount during your normal raid time.

We will send this feedback over to the developers and see what's going on.
#14 - Jan. 21, 2017, 12:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/20/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Atraeus
01/20/2017 04:30 PMPosted by Ornyx
...I can see this being an issue in a few situations, specifically around Nighthold progression and going over the 50 "cap" by a moderate amount during your normal raid time.

We will send this feedback over to the developers and see what's going on.

Whoa! Wasn't expecting that. Thanks for the heads up Ornyx! Wasn't sure if it was intentional or not so I didn't want to say anything other than the warning.
I think it's typical for quests like this to work in this way, but in this case, when looking at how raids progress and LFR tiers and such, it seems people could end up saving 70-80 at a time without realizing it which could be devastating.
#83 - Jan. 23, 2017, 8:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No updates on this so far, but I have bumped the issue.

I'll post any updates I receive in this thread going forward.
#161 - Jan. 25, 2017, 1:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey all,

Quick update here from the development team. The quest is currently working as intended, and any essences over the limit will continue to be reset, as is normal quest function.

It's worth noting that this quest was designed to be able to be completed without too much time spent on it, so we don't see it necessary to adjust the quest to account for min-maxing.

TL;DR: If you're worried about going over your 50/50 limit, keep an eye on your Essences going forward!