Wow still no patch notes

#1 - Jan. 9, 2017, 3:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Monday before a major patch and no notes. Wow.
One week from a tier raid and no official notes? Wow.

Great way to start a the year of " better communication".

Great sound and art though those teams are kicking a$$.
#26 - Jan. 9, 2017, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
*Looks at clock*
*Looks at thread*
*Sighs*

01/09/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Somalion
It's not even 8 am Pacific yet (where Blizzard is located), seriously give them a few minutes to wake up, format it then post it.

Thanks for your level-headedness, despite being downvoted for no reason. Most of us aren't in til 10 a.m., by the way, and we have some key figures sick today - not that I should need to share this.
#29 - Jan. 9, 2017, 6:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/09/2017 10:28 AMPosted by Zainoqt
*Looks at clock*
*Looks at thread*
*Sighs*

<span class="truncated">...</span>
Thanks for your level-headedness, despite being downvoted for no reason. Most of us aren't in til 10 a.m., by the way, and we have some key figures sick today - not that I should need to share this.

im pretty sure this was a bait thread anyways

:/
Possibly. Better to "clear the air" and at least acknowledge that we know the Patch Notes are obviously not up yet since I've seen it asked in 10 different places already.
#44 - Jan. 9, 2017, 6:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
<span class="truncated">...</span>Possibly. Better to "clear the air" and at least acknowledge that we know the Patch Notes are obviously not up yet since I've seen it asked in 10 different places already.

Can I ask why blatant trolls are give so much leeway and tolerance on these forums? Even unofficial places like mmo-champs and other fan sites handle trolls and instigators far better.
You post this in every thread that you deem to be trolling, and I'm not going to recognize it (after this) and give you a platform for further non-constructiveness. Even if I consider this thread trolling, responding here has the obvious reason of letting people know we are aware the patch notes aren't up, and are working on them.

01/09/2017 10:37 AMPosted by Roxette
01/09/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Xianwae

Sick? Pssh. You guys program the heal spells. I'm not buying it.

Monday 'sickness' is always suspect, as is Friday 'sickness'.
One of our poor folks has been dealing with some form of the Flu for almost a week now. :(
#76 - Jan. 9, 2017, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
<span class="truncated">...</span>Possibly. Better to "clear the air" and at least acknowledge that we know the Patch Notes are obviously not up yet since I've seen it asked in 10 different places already.

I hate being frank, but the patch notes should have went up when you announced the patch and the announcement should have waited the notes. I honestly can't believe you felt the need to tell us that you don't get into work until 10am and that you have sick people, I'm sorry, but how is that our problem as paying customers? As a human being I'm sorry, but as a realist its a bad argument.
There's no "argument" I'm trying to have here - I'm not defending the patch notes being up or not really. For the sake of an argument, however, the patch notes will be up when they are up and that's all there is to it. If people would like to watch the clock tick in the mean time, that's their prerogative I guess.

Also, looking at dates, which I spot-checked, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 7.0 and 7.1 patch notes were up the day before release, and this is no different. People seem to be misguided here and latching on to the rumor-spreading in this thread that patch notes are ever up more than* a day prior to launch.

<Edit: more than*>
#80 - Jan. 9, 2017, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/09/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Frayya
I think the only reason people are confused is (as has been stated above), you released a video saying "Please see the patch notes for more details". That lead me to believe the patch notes were available when they are not.

It's not really surprising that people got confused.
Understandable in that case, to be honest.

Something we should note for the future.
#93 - Jan. 9, 2017, 7:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
<span class="truncated">...</span>There's no "argument" I'm trying to have here - I'm not defending the patch notes being up or not really. For the sake of an argument, however, the patch notes will be up when they are up and that's all there is to it. If people would like to watch the clock tick in the mean time, that's their prerogative I guess.

Also, looking at dates, which I spot-checked, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 7.0 and 7.1 patch notes were up the day before release, and this is no different. People seem to be misguided here and latching on to the rumor-spreading in this thread that patch notes are ever up more than* a day prior to launch.

<Edit: more than*>

If you're not defending it then you shouldn't post about how this and this are whats going on. People really don't need to know that the majority of the workers don't show up until 10pst or that people are sick, as you pointed out for yourself. So its just mindless banter directed at trying to make us feel sympathetic to the plight going on to redirect us or attempt at making people less upset at the situation.
Humanizing a "big, scary corporation" can go a long way, from my experience. There's also no harm in telling people what's going on in the day-to-day and that we're working on stuff.

Appreciate the input - but being a community manager is a bit more than cold words here and there. :)
#101 - Jan. 9, 2017, 7:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/09/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Kholde
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Thanks. I put up question on other posts related to "when 7.1.5" comes out, but no one knew.

Well, I'm sure they could delay the patch a week, so people could have the notes a week prior.
If we put notes out a week ago, they would be vastly different than they would be if we put them out today. We work up to the release of the patch on balance changes, bug fixes, etc., and hotfixes can still be going out up to release. In that vein, we would much rather have finalized notes the day prior, so we can be sure that what we put out is an accurate representation of the patch itself.

We don't just work on patches and then put them in a holding pen for two months, most of our work is ever-continuing and iteration on patches is pretty much always ongoing.
#107 - Jan. 9, 2017, 7:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
...Humanizing a "big, scary corporation" can go a long way, from my experience. There's also no harm in telling people what's going on in the day-to-day and that we're working on stuff.

Appreciate the input - but being a community manager is a bit more than cold words here and there. :)

No one is asking for cold words, but there's a huge difference between "cold words" and mindlessness. This classifies as mindlessness, meanwhile threads that actually warrant attention are constantly ignored. Being a community manager is a bit more than posting on a few worthless threads like the "lounge" thread and sipping coffee too.
I don't drink coffee, but 'opinions' ya know.
#135 - Jan. 9, 2017, 7:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/09/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Dîomedes
01/09/2017 11:08 AMPosted by Ornyx
I don't drink coffee

Are you communist?
#145 - Jan. 9, 2017, 7:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As an update - patch notes are being finalized and should be up within a couple of hours.
#179 - Jan. 9, 2017, 7:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/09/2017 11:26 AMPosted by Chasee
01/09/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Morethanjake
I came into this thread wanting patch notes and was angry. Read blues posts and now I feel like a jerk. Are you all happy now?

Boohoo. Everyone gets sick. In todays day with all the tablets and technology its not much of an excuse to be sick when you can post something online from home.
At least in California, that's illegal. I'd also much rather my coworkers rest and get better than stress over this lot, which can be handled by others in the meantime.

Teamwork! *high five*
#197 - Jan. 9, 2017, 7:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/09/2017 11:58 AMPosted by Nicel
01/09/2017 11:46 AMPosted by Ornyx
...At least in California, that's illegal. I'd also much rather my coworkers rest and get better than stress over this lot, which can be handled by others in the meantime.

Teamwork! *high five*

Wait are saying that telecommuting is illegal in the State of California?
Nah, but if you're sick you should be sick, not working.
#272 - Jan. 9, 2017, 9:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Patch notes are live.

You can find them here, and you can use this thread for discussion.