Communication

#1 - Dec. 15, 2016, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Anyone else getting really tired of the Blizzard cycle where they acknowledge that they need to do better with communication, and promise to change... and then immediately go back to dead silence for the next 3 months?

I've seen bad marriages and abusive partners with better communication skills than Blizzard.
#2 - Dec. 16, 2016, 12:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Most of the communication with developers is taking place in the PTR forums, which is still very active.
#47 - Dec. 16, 2016, 1:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/15/2016 04:41 PMPosted by Goliothlock
No it's not Ornyx...

You once again deleted a post by a Warlock on their own board because you and everyone there don't want us to have an opinion.

I literally made a post 3 hours ago talking about Warlock Forum posts being deleted consciously because you and the devs don't like being called out for having hatred towards 1 class and being Biased at that. As soon as a post comes in that people start seeing, upvoting and gains momentum you MODs butcher it and even go as far as banning forum posting by those posters.

So, im posting what I said AGAIN.

12/13/2016 01:52 PMPosted by Ornyx
There's huge and impressive amounts of talent in every corner of Blizzard. Just because someone may not be a big, public-facing name, does not mean they aren't talented, and vice versa. You hear of those public-facing people moving teams, but its important to recognize the core of the word "team".

WoW is by no means the accomplishment of a single person and/or a small, collective group of people, but rather the accomplishment of hundreds of people pouring love, sweat, and tears into a game we all love. It can be hard to see from the outside, sure, but that perspective is important.

Plus we Play Nice; Play Fair here, and I believe people can only grow through experience. Working on different projects after so many years on the same on can be a good thing on both sides. Fresh perspectives and sharing the love and such.

-------------------------------------my post------------------------------------------
Dont... Just don't.

Ive played for damn near 12 years now, nothing about play fair and nice stems from you and your dev team or balance team about Warlocks. So don't talk about fairness when you're a corrupt bunch of lecherous bullies online, Ostracizing an entire player base because you simply don't want to put effort into your jobs.

The original Dev team hated Warlocks, TBC Team was FIRED because of SL/SL GC came into play late TBC and early Sunwell to Balance Classes more and offer a wider variety of Class mechanics aside the cookie cutter specs we saw everywhere. Arcane Mages became Popular in PvP, Prot actually started to be fun and viable, but right now, you guys are a massive heap of failure.

And if you want to see how badly, announce to everyone how many active subs there are now compared to before Legion became active. You're down, WAY down, and you're all grasping at straws trying to keep the game afloat by making things like the DH and Melee Smash-heads more appealing at the cost of balance. This is why half your developing team left the WoW Department, why your Original Diablo Developers left Blizzard and why you had to sell out to Activision. Because Blizzard as a company couldn't remain afloat after your player base became aware of your gross misuse of power and Ostracizing of entire player bases, classes, and people who play those classes.

12 years and you're still running the same sob story to us, hoping we'll cut you some slack...

Your post was removed because it's full of inaccuracies and is border-line trolling, both of which are generally unacceptable in an online community. I originally did write a lengthy response explaining it, but I didn't feel it was necessary to oblige it with a response at the end of the day, and decided against posting it.

If you say you posted it again 3 hours ago, then I'm sure it was removed for re-posting a deleted comment.

----

This thread is well full of people calling us liars for saying communication has increased, but if you look at Watcher and Lore's recent posts about a week ago saying we are increasing activity, and then look at their activity, as well as devs such as Sigma, you will see there are many more posts on the PTR forums then there were only weeks ago.

I personally don't believe our levels of communication have been enough, but it is getting better, and it does take time to make changes happen.

I can understand the perception that over the past 7 days there hasn't been a ton of activity, but we should all try to understand that a lot of our employees are also now out of the office due to the holidays, so there isn't the same level of interaction within the company at the moment.

As we move into the new year, I hope you will be able to see the effect of the process changes we've made, and, hopefully, we can see a bit more positiviy than this.