It's sad really

#1 - Dec. 13, 2016, 9:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
All the talent in Blizzard goes to other games because they know wow isn't worth the effort anymore. I really wish wow was the forefront of their focus still. It's my favorite universe, and it's so good that they keep making other games based off of it.

Luckily for Blizzard, Overwatch knows how to take my money really well. They know how to get me to PAY them for rng.
#8 - Dec. 13, 2016, 9:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's huge and impressive amounts of talent in every corner of Blizzard. Just because someone may not be a big, public-facing name, does not mean they aren't talented, and vice versa. You hear of those public-facing people moving teams, but its important to recognize the core of the word "team".

WoW is by no means the accomplishment of a single person and/or a small, collective group of people, but rather the accomplishment of hundreds of people pouring love, sweat, and tears into a game we all love. It can be hard to see from the outside, sure, but that perspective is important.

Plus we Play Nice; Play Fair here, and I believe people can only grow through experience. Working on different projects after so many years on the same on can be a good thing on both sides. Fresh perspectives and sharing the love and such.
#20 - Dec. 13, 2016, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/13/2016 02:06 PMPosted by Gilloch
12/13/2016 01:52 PMPosted by Ornyx
There's huge and impressive amounts of talent in every corner of Blizzard. Just because someone may not be a big, public-facing name, does not mean they aren't talented, and vice versa. You hear of those public-facing people moving teams, but its important to recognize the core of the word "team".

WoW is by no means the accomplishment of a single person and/or a small, collective group of people, but rather the accomplishment of hundreds of people pouring love, sweat, and tears into a game we all love. It can be hard to see from the outside, sure, but that perspective is important.

Plus we Play Nice; Play Fair here, and I believe people can only grow through experience. Working on different projects after so many years on the same on can be a good thing on both sides. Fresh perspectives and sharing the love and such.

It's nice that you're telling us this but OPs post is 100% troll garbage and not really worth responding to.
To be fair, I didn't quote anyone. ;)
#43 - Dec. 13, 2016, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/13/2016 02:46 PMPosted by Lorhart
<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

anyone else kind of mad that blizz is responding to irrelevant threads like this but avoiding anything remotely serious like a plague

I dunno, I see way more blue posts on threads that matter than on threads that don't. That said, it's somewhat irksome to see responses to seemingly unimportant threads, when there are still a great many other important threads unanswered.
Importance is subjective.

Our development processes are important, and a player's understanding of them is important in the long-term.

On that note, if you're talking about class balance, you should be in the PTR forum. If you're talking about legendaries/RNG, there are threads on the topic and it's been discussed in multiple Q&As, in multiple forum posts, and at BlizzCon. Either way, anything off the topic of this thread doesn't belong here.
#47 - Dec. 13, 2016, 11:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
<span class="truncated">...</span>Importance is subjective.

Our development processes are important, and a player's understanding of them is important in the long-term.

indeed, but the one that comes to mind is the official drink of Thunder Totem. While this thread is fun, and importance is subjective, I find it hard to believe one could adequately argue it is as important is some of the threads revolving around class discussion.
Engagement and community-building is equally, if not more, important. That's an easy argument to make - more than others, my role focuses on engagement (among other things).

It's easy to say "you should be responding to x" when one isn't aware of the plans we are making or discussions we are having on topics that aren't ready to be shared. We have been very active in sharing information on the PTR forum, and if you're looking for active developer communication, that's your destination.

Again, subjective.

As an aside, I do want to thank you and the blue-team for your communication. While many here complain about how awful it is, I am coming from FFXIV and it's a breath of fresh air to see the community team and the dev team reach out to discuss with the fanbase on any level.

Thanks for the love! There's only so many of us, so it can be hard to put into perspective what our days look like.

We are always here watching, reading, listening, and responding where we can. :)
#52 - Dec. 13, 2016, 11:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/13/2016 03:08 PMPosted by Melaroi
12/13/2016 03:05 PMPosted by Ornyx
We have been very active in sharing information on the PTR forum, and if you're looking for active developer communication, that's your destination.

I'm not sure who Sigma is but I've seen a few threads of late praising this person for the amount of dialogue they are providing.

I believe the comment was "Lighting up the Blue tracker!"

Anyway, pass on to Sigma that their efforts are not going unnoticed by us.

Edit: Also Lore has been quite active over there as well. Kudos to Josh as well!
Bit a new process, so still in its iterations - but Lore is working with our developers to get more discussion going during PTR cycles and such.

It's going well so far, but has made us a lot busier (hence why you may see me a tad less). ;P