Getting the worst legendary

#1 - Oct. 17, 2016, 8:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
...is worse than having no legendary.

The excitement they promised was there for a mere moment, then I just realized it's a complete garbage - it quickly turned into disappointment, anger and sadness. Even my 835ilvl shoes are better.

/whine off
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#18 - Oct. 18, 2016, 9:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This was something touched on in the Q&A.

Right now a lot of player focus is on getting the rotation-transforming or straight-up DPS increasing legendaries. This means some of the more utility orientated legendaries are being somewhat undervalued.

Further down the line, having multiple legendaries can add a new layer of character customisation as those utility legendaries can come in useful in higher difficulty mythic keystone dungeons and raids. Being able to swap around these legendaries to unlock new strategic options to tailor your character for specific situations. This is not to say that the utility legendaries will be required for such content, just that they provide an additional layer of strategic depth.

Of course, for that first legendary when you're really hoping for that straight-up DPS increase, we realise it's disappointing to get one of the utility ones. We realise that some of the utility legendaries aren't very attractive right now and we have some tuning, or in a few cases, potential re-designs, aimed at those legendaries in the future.

Also, grats on your legendary - I still don't have one! :(
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#56 - Oct. 18, 2016, 12:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
18/10/2016 10:14Posted by Aerythlea
Further down the line, having multiple legendaries can add a new layer of character customisation as those utility legendaries can come in useful in higher difficulty mythic keystone dungeons and raids. Being able to swap around these legendaries to unlock new strategic options to tailor your character for specific situations. This is not to say that the utility legendaries will be required for such content, just that they provide an additional layer of strategic depth.

With the current system some people won't even have one. You're talking about people having a collection of legendaries they can choose from. Don't want to be disrespectful, but LOL.
Not saying you're wrong, but that's like asking should I drive my Ferrari or Lamborghini today. Oh, wait I have neither and will likely NEVER have both.

I see what you're saying, but on the flipside we're not even 2 months into Legion yet. I get that not having a legendary, or having a less than ideal one, is pretty frustrating at the moment. But, zooming out a bit to look at things in the long-term, by the time we are say... 10+ months... in, it is very likely that most players who have been playing regularly will have more than 1 legendary at their disposal.

18/10/2016 13:11Posted by Skettywap
I feel like there is something worse than this still. Playing a tank main focused on mythic raiding, playing a class that benefits so little from crit its borderline worthless, getting the wonderful "Sephuz's Secret". Honestly its so bad that in any content where i need survivability it gets swapped for a ring 45IL's lower because even when i can proc it 1400 mastery or versa is just better.

I feel bad for people that dont have one, but at the moment for what i want to do in the game, i dont have one either.

I guess at least it means i cant drop it twice.

Like I said, we recognise that some of the more utility orientated legendaries aren't great right now, and those are under review to give them a little bit more razzmatazz. At this point in time I don't have anything more specific I can share.