WHY IS IT WITHERED JIM AGAIN??

#1 - Oct. 11, 2016, 3:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11 world bosses and you let the same boss come up 2 times in a row?
What kind of drugs are you guys on at blizzard?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#140 - Oct. 11, 2016, 7 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey all,

Something went a bit awry with our World Boss rotation this week, and we're aware that J'im is active again. Our intent here is for these bosses to be on a more spread and even rotation so we don't have encore situations like this one with our good friend J'im.

We don't have any plans to change anything this time around, but going forward we will work to make sure we aren't doubling up (or more) on a particular boss week-by-week.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#145 - Oct. 11, 2016, 7:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/11/2016 12:02 PMPosted by Galorirn
10/11/2016 12:00 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all,

Something went a bit awry with our World Boss rotation this week, and we're aware that J'im is active again. Our intent here is for these bosses to be on a more spread and even rotation so we don't have encore situations like this one with our good friend J'im.

We don't have any plans to change anything this time around, but going forward we will work to make sure we aren't doubling up (or more) on a particular boss week-by-week.

Awry..

Is that why Jim was announced yesterday on MMO Champion as the boss for the week?

Not sure what your point is, but it was not intended, no.

10/11/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Nixxia
Hey all,

Now that I've killed and looted J'im for the week, I actually think you guys should go ahead and fix it pronto. ;;;;;)))))

Same, tbh. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#160 - Oct. 11, 2016, 7:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/11/2016 12:07 PMPosted by Alfador
Hey all,

So in other words, you guys have no actual interest in doing anything about such an obvious problem when you can just go "oops our bad deal with it."
Thanks for showing the community how much you (don't) care about the quality of your product.

In my mind fixing it now that it's live would be a bad experience for people who have already killed him, or an even worse experience for those that didn't kill J'im while he was up (if they got to kill two bosses in a week).
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#196 - Oct. 11, 2016, 7:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/11/2016 12:14 PMPosted by Mikrolock
10/11/2016 12:05 PMPosted by Ornyx
Not sure what your point is, but it was not intended, no.

Same, tbh. ;)

His point is you got some terrible code writers.

My point was that MMO-Champion's post went up after reset, which was once the new rotation was live. For an explanation on our thinking on that part, see my first post.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#258 - Oct. 11, 2016, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/11/2016 12:44 PMPosted by Lantash
10/11/2016 12:07 PMPosted by Alfador
So in other words, you guys have no actual interest in doing anything about such an obvious problem when you can just go "oops our bad deal with it."
Thanks for showing the community how much you (don't) care about the quality of your product.

10/11/2016 12:10 PMPosted by Ornyx
In my mind fixing it now that it's live would be a bad experience for people who have already killed him, or an even worse experience for those that didn't kill J'im while he was up (if they got to kill two bosses in a week).

OMG. A few players in WoW got a chance to get more loot from world bosses then they should have. It is a more pressing issue then fixing the god awful specs of some of the classes...../sarcasm

These things have nothing to do with each other. Let's keep this discussion on topic.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#314 - Oct. 11, 2016, 9:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/11/2016 01:57 PMPosted by Markus
we will work to make sure we aren't doubling up (or more) on a particular boss week-by-week.

So uh, does this mean it's cool for say jim boy here to take a week or two off then come back again?

I ask because of:
Our intent here is for these bosses to be on a more spread and even rotation

That's both fair and accurate. I think J'im has some family plans next week.