Official: Can't Complete Raid Quests Cont'd

#1 - Sept. 27, 2016, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Original thread capped at http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749236448?page=1
#91 - Sept. 28, 2016, 12:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It is intentional that the quests “In Nightmares” and “Essence of Power” cannot be completed on Raid Finder difficulty. That quest chain is intended to provide a cosmetic reward for participating in organized, non-matchmade content. As such, we wanted to keep this step in line with the previous steps in the chain, which require completing Mythic Dungeons.

This restriction is specific to this quest chain, which has a cosmetic-only reward. Other quest chains, such as “The Stuff of Dreams” from the Suramar campaign, will be completable through Raid Finder. We’ll be making some additional changes in Patch 7.1 to more clearly communicate when and where these restrictions apply.
#113 - Sept. 28, 2016, 12:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/27/2016 05:22 PMPosted by Nelya
09/27/2016 05:14 PMPosted by Ornyx
It is intentional that the quests “In Nightmares” and “Essence of Power” cannot be completed on Raid Finder difficulty. That quest chain is intended to provide a cosmetic reward for participating in organized, non-matchmade content. As such, we wanted to keep this step in line with the previous steps in the chain, which require completing Mythic Dungeons.

This restriction is specific to this quest chain, which has a cosmetic-only reward. Other quest chains, such as “The Stuff of Dreams” from the Suramar campaign, will be completable through Raid Finder. We’ll be making some additional changes in Patch 7.1 to more clearly communicate when and where these restrictions apply.

Thanks for confirming the inevitable. I'll be saving some money every month now, because I am done with this game. If this is intended and staying in the game, you just lost a customer. It is clear blizzard is clueless about their own game. I guess it's true, no King lives forever.

Good luck everyone. Blizzard, you failed.

Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.

This is not something you, by any means, "need". And "needing" it on every alt, doubly so. If you desire it, then organize a raid or join a guild that will put you in their raiding ranks and dedicate the time to obtaining the items.

We simply disagree that these skins should be handed out without dedication and challenge.

I appreciate constructive feedback and discussion on this topic, and will discuss what's here with the developers once it's had time to settle, but anything that says "the world is ending" or "blizzard is killing their player-base" because not everyone will get a cosmetic skin is a bit of a fallacy.
#132 - Sept. 28, 2016, 12:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/27/2016 05:30 PMPosted by Aehl
I appreciate constructive feedback and discussion on this topic, and will discuss what's here with the developers once it's had time to settle, but anything that says "the world is ending" or "blizzard is killing their player-base" because not everyone will get a cosmetic skin is a fallacy and something I won't respond to going forward.

*nods*

Understood, Ornyx, and I thank you.

So you can confirm that Loremaster is completeable in LFR.

Do I read this correctly?

Confirmed.
#143 - Sept. 28, 2016, 12:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/27/2016 05:33 PMPosted by Fyna
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.

This is not something you, by any means, "need". And "needing" it on every alt, doubly so. If you desire it, then organize a raid or join a guild that will put you in their raiding ranks and dedicate the time to obtaining the items.

We simply disagree that these skins should be handed out without dedication and challenge.

I appreciate constructive feedback and discussion on this topic, and will discuss what's here with the developers once it's had time to settle, but anything that says "the world is ending" or "blizzard is killing their player-base" because not everyone will get a cosmetic skin is a bit of a fallacy.

I guess my largest concern is that it's not accountwide; if I want to unlock the appearance on a specific alt, I need to gear and raid with a class I may not be very good at, which hurts not only be but the raid team.

If it was accountwide I'd have absolutely no issue with it, as I'd be able to use my main either now or in a future patch to complete the quest line. But as it stands now, it's not going to be fun for anyone involved.

Thanks for the feedback.

It's helpful to know, as you did, how this impacts you as a player and I appreciate that you relayed what we could change to make this more positive for you.