CRZ in legion zones....AGAIN

#1 - Sept. 27, 2016, 7:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizzard, either come clean that you are trying to push this on us in a new expansion not a month old or assign a developer to fix a problem that returns EVERY restart.

and no, its not that I am seeing people grouped from other realms in mine.

this is the usual every restart "lets see if we can sneak it in" CRZ
Forum Avatar
#1 - Sept. 27, 2016, 10:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please see source post at http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749226609?page=18 for detail.
#22 - Sept. 27, 2016, 10:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've stated this numerous times, but this is not new. CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch, however you may not have seen it active due to the amount of players leveling the same zone on your server.

Cross-realm technology activates automatically. I suspect that you may be seeing people from other realms since LFR opened today, and many players are trying out that newly opened content (hence, less players in the "world"). It's also 3pm PST on a weekday, which isn't what I'd consider peak-time.
#68 - Sept. 27, 2016, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/27/2016 03:37 PMPosted by Simca
09/27/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Zoreli
In this thread, people complaining that a massively multiplayer online role-playing game is massively multiplayer.

No. People are confused because CRZ has never before been active on current content.

Pandaria wasn't CRZ'd until 6.0.

Draenor wasn't CRZ'd until 7.0.

We've had a bit of a shift in philosophy here with this expansion; some of this shift was influenced by the implementation of World Quests across Legion content. This would explain why CRZ was turned on for Pandaria with 6.0, but is active in 7.0 content now.

A bit of a larger conversation, part of which doesn't really fit a forum post from myself.

Again, just to reiterate, CRZ is intentional, but it should be not be massively disrupting the world and/or day-to-day activities. Seeing players from other realms is normal, seeing thousands of them, not so much.
#72 - Sept. 27, 2016, 11:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/27/2016 04:02 PMPosted by Malakina
It makes more sense now why it's happening so much after server restarts. People start logging in, CRZ code says "woah there's hardly any people in this area, TO THE MERGEMOBILE", then goes and takes a nap for 8 hours before realizing "hey i just put too many people together, oopsie-doodle".

I can't say for sure, but in my head this makes sense.

People are working, at school, or otherwise offline after our maintenance and restarts (Tuesdays, amirite?) - which would, in turn, activate CRZ.