Kharazan/Ulduar Scenario

#1 - June 18, 2016, 4:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey,
I just copied this character over from the live realm onto the beta realm and I went straight into the Broken Isle scenario and as soon as I got out of that I was put right into the artifact scenario stuff.

Is this intentional or did I somehow skip the entire scenario where Khadgar goes to Dalaran and makes you do all kinds of wibbly wobbly stuff in Ulduar and Kharazan?
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#3 - June 30, 2016, 9:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To clarify, the return of Magni, Khadgar's visit to Karazhan, the Council of Six, the defense of Dalaran and summoning of Alodi events will take place during the weeks leading up to Legion's launch. Each week, more of the story will be revealed.

Players logging in after Legion's launch will see what you see when you start a new character on the beta today. You will progress from the Broken Shore, through the aftermath and introduction of the Illidari, then immediately get a missive from Khadgar telling you that Dalaran is about to teleport.

Players that missed these stories as they were played out in-game over the pre-launch weeks can request to see them from Archivist Elysiana in Dalaran at any time.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#11 - July 1, 2016, 10:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The comic's timeline corresponds to the moment that 7.0 pre-patch goes live. When you log in, you'll see that he's broken out from Ironforge and headed off to parts unknown. You can talk to NPCs down where he used to be to hear about his transformation.

As for players not knowing about the Pillars of Creation - I totally empathize with you on this one.

That said, most players that are lore hounds will log in during the pre-launch and experience the major lore changes as they occur in the world. Forcing players that come back after Legion's launch to go through the FULL gamut of quests, which are lore-heavy and combat-light and take over an hour, felt like it took too much time.

Some players care most about getting to the new content, getting an artifact, and playing with their friends. This was our impetus for making them optional after the launch. The lore is still there, just not required.