Just discovered that some legion dungeons

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - Aug. 22, 2016, 10:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/22/2016 03:27 PMPosted by Zarwei
Ugh. There's actually mythic only dungeons? I really didn't realise this. That's kind of !@#$ty. Ffs, isn't destiny and vanilla wow a case study in why you don't difficulty gate content anymore. It's not like these games have enough ndgame content for casuals during these huge dryspells as it is. I assume anyone intelligent at blizzard has moved on to other projects (the state of many classes in the beta which are not going to be fundamentally changed before release are a good example of this.)

I think it's worthy to note that base Mythic in Legion is comparable to some of the older Heroic dungeons many are used to in terms of difficulty. These dungeons become harder as Keystones are used to scale them and increase their challenges, but this is not a system you need to participate in if you don't want to.

If your concern is over grouping, the in-game Group Finder tool will be a good way to find groups for Mythic dungeons, much as it is now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#34 - Aug. 22, 2016, 10:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
<span class="truncated">...</span>
I think it's worthy to note that base Mythic in Legion is comparable to some of the older Heroic dungeons many are used to in terms of difficulty. These dungeons become harder as Keystones are used to scale them and increase their challenges, but this is not a system you need to participate in if you don't want to.

If your concern is over grouping, the in-game Group Finder tool will be a good way to find groups for Mythic dungeons, much as it is now.

Well that is good to hear. But why force people to use a lfg tool instead of just the Finder? Just ends up with people being weird and dicky about who they bring and will quickly turn a lot of people off. Again, like destiny. To be honest it seems like an even weirder choice to not have the option if they start as the same difficulty as normal heroics.

You then could, of course, create your own group and find people who aren't going to be weird/rude while in the dungeon. Again, the dungeons are a bit more challenging (akin to older heroics), so there is a level of cooperation and communication (CCs, boss strategy, etc.) that may need to take place that, I think, is best served by building a group yourself most of the time.

Since the Mythic dungeons evolve into Mythic Keystone dungeons, I assume that was onr of the driving points behind disallowing LFD groups to take on these challenges, as they require much more cooperation.

Edit: That, and one of our goals with Legion was to create an alternative to Raids as a form of end-game progression. In the same way that if you want to participate in end-game raiding progression, you will also need to find a group yourself to participate in end-game dungeon progression. Grab some of your friends and hop in, and fill the remaining slots through the Group Finder! :)

08/22/2016 03:39 PMPosted by Dalitih
My only concern about Mythic dungeons is trying to get a group with this character. I figure if I'm not getting any groups today even with 707 ilvl the situation won't be much better in legion's endgame.

Again, you can always create your own group and find people whose ilvl may be closer to yours, or who don't care about the disparity.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#71 - Aug. 22, 2016, 11:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
<span class="truncated">...</span>
If they're the same difficulty as former heroic dungeons, then you need to call them Heroic, not Mythic.

Stop using the incorrect term to describe the content and maybe you'd get your player base to be more accepting of it. We were told point blank back at Blizzcon 2013 that Mythic represented the most difficult of content for the most hardcore of players.

The vast majority of your player base is not hardcore. They have no interest in Mythic. Just going "try it, you might like it" isn't going to get them to try it when they've already been told it's outside of their skill/interest level by the label you've put on it.

Mythic dungeons are not the same thing as mythic raids, they aren't even in the same realm of difficulty.

This is accurate at the base. With Mythic Keystone scaling, however, we could see high Keystone levels being quite possibly harder than some Mythic raid encounters, I think.

Edit: This is terrifying to think about. Oh god, what have we done.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#77 - Aug. 22, 2016, 11:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is accurate at the base. With Mythic Keystone scaling, however, we could see high Keystone levels being quite possibly harder than some Mythic raid encounters, I think.

Edit: This is terrifying to think about. Oh god, what have we done.

But those who exclusively run LFD will mostly have no interest in the mythic keystone system. I know I don't. I enjoy running LFD and LFR as my end game content and to see them withheld as a way of trying to make me play in a way that I don't enjoy is a sad change for me.

Completely understandable. The hop-in hop-out nature of LFD/LFR is a good way for many players to engage in that side of end-game content.

I'm interested in what is keeping you away from wanting to try/participate-in Mythics?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#83 - Aug. 22, 2016, 11:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/22/2016 04:13 PMPosted by Darnelius
08/22/2016 03:31 PMPosted by Ornyx
I think it's worthy to note that base Mythic in Legion is comparable to some of the older Heroic dungeons many are used to in terms of difficulty.

So Heroic was rebranded as Mythic, just as I suspected... thanks for the confirmation.

Not necessarily. Heroics exist still, and are more challenging than the normal/leveling version of dungeons, but Mythic is us creating an alternative to raiding and PvP as an end-game activity.

08/22/2016 04:15 PMPosted by Joynal
08/22/2016 03:49 PMPosted by Nâughtynurse
How about instead of you complaining what THEY call them..why don't YOU stop assuming that the word mythic means beyond your skill level. They can call them whatever they want and the difficulty will be the same regardless. As I said earlier, if it is too hard and called heroic as you want them to do...then you will be here complaining they are too hard and need nerfed....don't say it won't happen, it HAS happened before in the past.

What's the point of putting a label on something when the label has no specific meaning?

They are causing too much confusion in the player base by slapping the Mythic label on multiple forms of content that all have different difficulty levels.

What exactly does Mythic mean anymore?

Nothing has changed there. The progression, on the dungeon side, is still:

Normal->Heroic->Mythic.

The only difference is that Mythic can now scale up through the use of Keystones, creating a more and more challenging dungeon experience.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#110 - Aug. 22, 2016, 11:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We welcome the feedback and discussion on this topic, but I just want to reiterate that our goal here with Mythic and Mythic Keystones is to create a dungeon-focused end-game progression system as an alternative to raiding, etc.

We have a blog planned for later this week which will cover some discussion and developer insight on the two Mythic-only dungeons - so be on the lookout for that.