Chef's Hat: For the Hardcore nothing?

#0 - April 1, 2009, 7 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So now that 3.1 is almost out we find out that there is a new Chef's Hat being implemented in game.
It is going to cost 100 dalaran cooking awards, a hefty price to pay.

I contend that this item is unfair to the hardcore raiders.

We have been out in the dungeons and raids, busy getting achievements, and using our awards for northern spices to buff ourselves to the max. Meanwhile, all the casuals have been collecting these awards and hoarding them whilst trolling trade chat.

My whole time playing WoW, I now realize, was solely meant for this moment...to realize myself as an owner of a Chef's Hat. But since no one told me that these items were going to be put in game, I frittered away my awards, and all I have to show for it is some crappy 310% mount! Where is the fairness in that?!?

I've had it. I'm going to quit WoW unless I get catered to immediately with a free Chef's Hat, as the casuals have a totally unfair headstart.
#3 - April 1, 2009, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If you keep doing the cooking dailies, you'll end up with enough spices and enough for the hat eventually. Time to work for something I guess if you really want it.
#13 - April 1, 2009, 9:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Causal reward seekers can always get the regular Chef's hat. The truly hardcore cooking token hoarding "Black Chef's Hat" that lets you cook 310% faster is meant to be rare.

Right, and it will only be purchasable if you have a Black Proto-Drake.

Hard.

Core.

This post is full of lies.