Ignis one shotting geared tanks?

#0 - April 15, 2009, 7:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is 25 man version.

The tank is a pally with all best in slot gear from 25 naxx/maly/sarth/etc

This hasen't been mentioned as A bug, so I assume its not... Is anyone else seeing their tanks taking 40k+ Hits from Ignis... I know there was a bug where he was not being weakened by the adds dying, but this is occuring less than 20 seconds into the encounter and there just isn't time to kill any.

Is this just similar to sarth 3d and we need a save rotation for the mt... or should we just be going with a very high hp tank ? Advice / comments appreciated
#75 - April 16, 2009, 10:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've made some changes to Ignis' melee attack on Heroic. We reduced his overall melee DPS by about 15% and he swings faster which will make his individual hits less devastating.
In normal mode we increased the cooldown of Activate Construct from 30 to 40 seconds.
We also decreased the damage of the Scorch ground effect by 20% on both difficulties.

On a side note, Ignis has always had the flag that prevents parries from making his next melee swing happening faster.

We're still working on the people being melee'd in the slag pot issue, this one is proving tricksy.
#88 - April 17, 2009, 12:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Correction, the balance hotfix is not quite live yet. It's in the pipe, when the hotfix for balance changes hits the servers I'll update this thread.
#89 - April 17, 2009, 1:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The balance hotfixes for Ignis are now live. We're still working on the "Melee in Slag Pot" issue.