Ranged Forums and Meelee Forums

#0 - Oct. 30, 2008, 8:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
That's how we break it down in our guild. I saw another post that said we've got 23 DPS specs.

Ranged specs are night to Meelee specs' day.

I'd argue that the list would look different. If all three specs of a class is DPS, then that class is one in the same. Should look more like this IMO.

Can Heal: FIVE.
1. Discipline Priest
2. Holy Priest
3. Restoration Druid
4. Restoration Shaman
5. Holy Paladin

Can Tank: FOUR.
1. Feral Druid
2. Protection Paladin
3. Protection Warrior
4. Death Knight

Can DPS: THIRTEEN.
1. Shadow Priest
2. Mage
3. Warlock
4. Balance Druid
5. Feral Druid
6. Rogue
7. Elemental Shaman
8. Enhancement Shaman
9. Hunter
10. Arms Warrior
11. Fury Warrior
12. Retribution Paladin
13. Death Knight

THEN, break them out to their forums:

RANGED
1. Shadow Priest
2. Mage
3. Warlock
4. Balance Druid
5. Elemental Shaman
6. Hunter (note: a Hunter's role in the raid is indeed ranged. In my experience as a raid leader through Sunwell, they have always had very little to do with the meelee and have always preferred their own buffs.)

MEELEE
1. Feral Druid
2. Rogue
3. Enhancement Shaman
4. Arms Warrior
5. Fury Warrior
6. Retribution Paladin
7. Death Knight (note: death knights have alot of ranged damage, but auto-attack will always tie them to the mob's meelee ranged if at all able)

What's the purpose? To put relative information together. You keep your anti-QQ method of having other classes right there seeing what is posted, but you also can keep the stickies and posts' information realtive to the people who visit the forum.
#1 - Oct. 30, 2008, 8:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
That's something we might consider, but when it comes down to discussions like who can do the most dps or who is OP, we think it's better to have all of the classes participating together.