Weapon Mastery Nerf ... Sense No Make

#0 - Sept. 27, 2007, 7:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizz.... you tards.... listen,

If you're going to say,

"The reason for this is that having full immunity with this talent really took the idea of disarming out of the game and we want it to be more viable".....[Bornakk]

Then why the F would you continue to have things like weapon chains, and steelgrip gauntlets in the game? Not only is your reasoning flawed, but you completely failed at nerfing warriors for this specific aspect you're QQ'ing about. Nice try though..........
#2 - Sept. 27, 2007, 7:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Blizz.... you tards.... listen,

If you're going to say,

"The reason for this is that having full immunity with this talent really took the idea of disarming out of the game and we want it to be more viable".....[Bornakk]

Then why F would you continue to have things like weapon chains, and steelgrip gauntlets in the game? Not only is your reasoning flawed, but you completely failed at nerfing warriors for this specific aspect you're QQ'ing about. Nice try though..........

I suppose Bornakk didn't mention it, but all disarm immunity effects in the game were changed to 50% disarm duration reduction (non stacking).
#128 - Sept. 27, 2007, 9:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Arms warriors are quite strong actually, I don't think there's any class beside another warrior that can stand toe to toe with a geared MS warrior. That's how it should be, but right now, we're walking a thin line between overpowered and strong but balanced class. I'd rather see such a change in the weapon immunity mechanic than see a blatant nerf to Mortal strike.

So hey, now opponents with quick reaction time can stop me from using MS, I like it, since I'll be able to do it too to save my clothies (intercept ===> disarm, the target cannot block, dodge or parry the disarm, since he's stunned) I used to do this all the time to save my healers in BGs before BC, looking forward to have that tool once again.

That pretty much sums it up imo.

The 41 point talent concern definitely has some validity, although not not really related. I shudder to think of what we'd have to do to Endless Rage to get people to switch away from Death Wish and Improved Intercept to get it. We also have to consider what the implications are in the future when arms warriors have another 10 points to spend.

To add another comment... the drama here about a change like this turning all warriors into tanks or DKs is honestly pretty ridiculous. I'm quite sure the pvp warrior I have will still be rockin' a s3 weapon within the first week despite this change.