Reminder: Forum Code of Conduct

#0 - April 24, 2007, 12:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Spamming and Trolling

This category includes:

* Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
* Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
* Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
* Making non-constructive posts
* Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
* Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

If a player is found to have been spamming or trolling, he/she will:

* Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the World of Warcraft forums, depending upon severity

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/forum-coc.html?sid=1

Rude and unconsctructive posts are at an all-time high right now, folks, and I thought it might be helpful to post a reminder of the sort of conduct we expect on our forums. Don't risk your privilege to post here on a cheap "lawl".

It should be noted that this post is primarily directed at the non-Warlocks in this forum. Opinions, commentary, and even complaints about your class, if presented in a respectful fashion, are welcome on this board - that's what it's for, after all.

Posts from petty trolls, however, and taunting commentary, are currently being handled at an extremely low-tolerance threshold. Troll at your own (extreme) risk.
#4 - April 24, 2007, 12:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I was wondering where this went lol. It'll just bring in more trolls though imo.

That's okay. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel.
#16 - April 24, 2007, 12:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Einsturzende, I can assure you, Warlocks making trouble in the other class forums are banned just as quickly as anywhere else. Periodically, though, it can be nice to have a "free" reminder of the terms of the Code of Conduct, for those who would have otherwise foolishly made a post that might have netted them some vacation time.