Kalgan hates you all now.

#0 - March 5, 2008, 10:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
All your whining might have got your nerf reverted, HOWEVER I am sure Kalgan won't put as much effort designing new ways for Warlocks to escape melee perhaps? Or get his revenge on your personal attacks in WOTLK perhaps?
#22 - March 6, 2008, 9:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
All your whining might have got your nerf reverted, HOWEVER I am sure Kalgan won't put as much effort designing new ways for Warlocks to escape melee perhaps? Or get his revenge on your personal attacks in WOTLK perhaps?

I think a lot of people here greatly overestimate the effect of "whining" and have some serious misconceptions about whether we "like or hate" certain classes (or the people that play them).

We definitely feel the need for warlocks to gain some sort of active defense so we don't have to try to balance them around the assumption that they're "tanking" melee classes. For example, an idea we're running with internally is the concept of a warlock being able to cast a spell that places a circle of demonic power on the ground. The warlock would be able to teleport to this location from within a relatively short range (ie: 40 yards), and would also be able to summon demons more quickly if they're standing within the circle.

Note: this idea is intended as a sneak peek, it's not something that we're planning for 2.4, it would be more likely as an expansion ability, and may change entirely before said time.

So no, we're not sitting around going "rabble rabble, those darn forum locks are ruining our nerfing funz, no more fun for them, one year!"