[BUG] Defense of Ancients BROKEN

#0 - April 17, 2009, 1:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
On my main character Defense of the Ancients is the last achiev I need to get Battlemaster. I have been running nothing but Strand of Ancients for weeks now trying to get it.

Imagine my surprise and dismay when after 700+ games I finally win a game without losing a single wall... and the achievement is not granted. I petitioned a GM and 36 hours later I get an email saying they can't grant achievements. Thanks blizzard, you ruined my day. When is this going to be fixed and why aren't you reimbursing people who actually managed this nearly impossible (for horde) achievment?

EDIT 6-5-09 - Some people are apparently getting this achievement at random, sometimes even when horde lose the walls in phase 1. There appear to be 'hidden requirements' to get it and they are quite broken! There has been speculation over what these requirements are but nobody knows for sure. One idea is to have no walls damaged or destroyed in either phase - both teams just have to sit on their boats for 10 minutes each round. Good luck getting everyone to agree to that!

EDIT - 6-9-09 - A blizzard poster has finally posted in this thread, 2 months after it was started. Please check page 10 for this informative and helpful post regarding this serious issue.

#180 - June 9, 2009, 4:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We have covered this a couple times in the past, but I figured some people needed a refresher.

We are aware of the issue and looking into fixing it at some time in the future, but currently we have no estimate on when a fix will happen.