We are graced

#0 - April 25, 2008, 5:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We are the only class forum to have a blue post today.

Said Blue, said that they are busy with other projects right now, making it hard to come in here and respond to what we're saying.

BUT, that said Blue, is continuing to visit us and read what's going on.

After reading the forums for awhile, I started to see an IMPROVEMENT in the shaman forums from LACK of communication from our Blue superiors.

With this latest effort from said Blue, I'd like for us to continue on a trend to the improvement of our own forums.

Please take the time to look at what we have here. We have a community to help EACH OTHER become better. We discuss if Potency is better in PVP over Mongoose. We wonder if Executioner is better main hand. We ask if we should immediately DW at 40 even though we might not have weapons that match the ideal of DW windfury.

Let us explore the questions, let us continue to support each other.

Let us make this a community we can be proud of. So that people can come in here and say, "Hey, you know what? Shamans seem like a pretty cool class to play, let me try it out".

And then maybe we can bump ourselves off of the least played class list.

Thank you.
#6 - April 25, 2008, 10:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
We are the only class forum to have a blue post today.

Said Blue, said that they are busy with other projects right now, making it hard to come in here and respond to what we're saying.

BUT, that said Blue, is continuing to visit us and read what's going on.

After reading the forums for awhile, I started to see an IMPROVEMENT in the shaman forums from LACK of communication from our Blue superiors.

With this latest effort from said Blue, I'd like for us to continue on a trend to the improvement of our own forums.

Please take the time to look at what we have here. We have a community to help EACH OTHER become better. We discuss if Potency is better in PVP over Mongoose. We wonder if Executioner is better main hand. We ask if we should immediately DW at 40 even though we might not have weapons that match the ideal of DW windfury.

Let us explore the questions, let us continue to support each other.

Let us make this a community we can be proud of. So that people can come in here and say, "Hey, you know what? Shamans seem like a pretty cool class to play, let me try it out".

And then maybe we can bump ourselves off of the least played class list.

Thank you.

Very nice post. The strength in a community always comes from the community itself being willing to support each other, debate each other, and work together to become better, gain knowledge, and most importantly, to have fun.
#38 - April 25, 2008, 11:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth didn't you just say yesterday that there were no more class changes till WoLK? Then the PTR goes up and we have Hunter's scare beast being buffed to instant cast 30 yard range, a nice nerf to shaman in ghost wolf form.

So which is it? Are there still class changes coming before WoLK? Can shaman get some much needed buffs to give us a better shot in season 4?

I answered some things in the other thread here on what the current focuses with classes are which in short are bug fixes and any changes the Development Team feel are necessary at this time. Major changes are not being worked on prior to Wrath of the Lich King, but additional changes and adjustments are still possibilities (along with fixes). Again, though, there is no guarantee of further changes until Wrath and it's unlikely there will be much more. That is still within the discretion of the Development Team, however.

- http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=6136614357&sid=1&pageNo=17#335

#49 - April 25, 2008, 11:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Sure glad that Frostbrand got fixed... It was by far the most useful weapon enchant and needed some serious work done to it. Now fix the damn Elemental Mastery Icon, this has gone far too long un-noticed!

The Frostbrand fix was just a correction to it. It was previously doing too little damage for the rank (as I'm sure you know.) These patches leading up to the expansion are about fixes for the most part. Either we fix it or we leave it be, and we'd prefer to fix in this case.