So, if you wanted all classes independent..

#0 - Dec. 8, 2006, 7:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This basically worked counter to our design philosophy of being able to play independently and having classes as self-contained as possible.
(From tseric)

Basically as it is now if you are a holy priest you cannot play independently. Our new talents in the holy tree don't really provide us with anything new, when almost every other talent spec has recieved something new. Sure a instant cast group targeted heal is cool, but the scaling is so bad on athese types of spells that it isn't really worth it.

Holy priests have no ability to solo anything because the damage they put out is not even there. Sure you could renew yourself and wand/dot stuff, but then that would require wands doing decent damage compared to other classes.

The majority of reasons priests, that are not shadow speced, is because they cannot get away from any melee class that is beatting on them thanks to the awesome pvp trinket, and other items/abilities such as this. And not to mention that making our fear a magic spell means that rogues can pre CoS so they will resist, paladins and priests can cleanse and dispel melee on us, and warriors can be immune to fears for a very long time. This is just not fair because we don't have the HP or damage potential of a warlock. We don't get a pet that can do things such as seduce someone on us, we don't get much of anything to help us out in a situation where it is say a 5 on 5. Basically as our survivability goes down, other classes are able to kill us even faster. The last good organized game i had I was always dead in 5 seconds upon arriving at out 8 on 8s or w/e the match up was. And I spent the rest of the time healing in SoR form. Yes the extent of my healing during the whole stupid BG was healing in SoR. To have to die to actually heal people is just plain wrong. If you are going to keep priests with cloth, no shield, an inner fire that wears off and is dispellable, at least give us some good CC or good abilities so that we can get away from the massacre and live longer than 5 seconds.
#9 - Dec. 8, 2006, 10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Basically as it is now if you are a holy priest you cannot play independently.

Your first mistake is that you put conditions on the priest. Priest is a class. Holy priest is not a class, but a subset. Your subject line and your intial premise conflict.

You can still level, but it is slow.

What I meant is, as a whole, all classes have the capability to advance in this game for a majority of it on their own power. Solo play. That is all.
#113 - Feb. 25, 2007, 12:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I advise you give up for now and go back to talk to the dev's. You arent winning any points here, and are only making yourself look worse. Come back when you actually have some information.

Winning any points? This thread is 2 months old. Figure out what's going on here. Digging up old posts so people can flame a CM and you fell for it.