Why was VE nerfed?

#0 - Feb. 25, 2007, 11:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Drysc, was it discovered in the magical realm of developer land that shadow priests got back too much health in PvP?

Is this being overlooked? A 5% nerf to health and no more VE crits is really going to screw over shadow priests' ability to perform in PvP. That is a HUGE knock to essentially what is our only way of surviving as a shadow priest.

I know you guys thought shadow priests were overpowered in the PvE realm, which is fine, but for the LOVE OF GOD, why do you have to make a change that hurts us in PvP?

Priests are shunned upon in PvP because they die to fast and are very difficult to play. I happen to like this difficulty and enjoy beating others with such a setup. But I fear with these new changes PvP as a shadow priest is going to be so gimped no amount of my skill will be able to overcome it.

You already nerfed silent resolve to not affect shadow spells... isn't that enough PvE nerfs? Why nerf VE on top of this? This spell has been around since release! Every shadow priest has built his game around this talent. Nerfing it screws over so many shadow priests it's not even funny.

Please, please, please FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS UNHOLY, do not nerf VE!!! I don't want to give up PvP for shadow priests!
#1 - Feb. 25, 2007, 11:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I would love to comment and give you some reasoning on what we were seeing happen and why the change was made, unfortunately I don't have that available to me and being Sunday I can't sprint over to magical developer land and ask. We'll try to get you something early in the week.
#13 - Feb. 26, 2007, 12:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thanks for putting on your schedule, but no need to patronize the priest community with the phrase "magical developer land". That's f'ing insulting.

Read the OP.
#27 - Feb. 26, 2007, 12:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Cough up or get lost.

Ok.
#44 - Feb. 26, 2007, 12:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Don't freak out because the 'i'm so benevolent' left the forum over some player being 'meanie poo head'.

Drysc came here for 3 reasons, because he was told to do so by his bosses, not out of some cheerful benevolence.

1) To delete cancellation posts, or lock them

2) Because he was specifically told to mention some obscure 'nice buff' that 'wasn't in this build' (total fabrication, the nice buff isn't even finalized by the dev team and it's a knee jerk reaction to the cancellations)

3) Quell the e-rioting on this board

He doesn't care about Priest players anymore than you care about that fat broad waiting in your line at a retail joint, or that idiot customer demanding this and that feature for his companies tech purchase.

I'm sorry if you actually believe that. If I was smart I probably would have chosen not to post today, but I thought I could instill some understanding, maybe some vague news about a potentially good change, and hope to make everyone feel a bit more comfortable to see that we're here and we're reading and listening. If I was smart I probably wouldn't be replying to your post and making it an issue, but I can't help it. If I was smart.