So.. I have a question..

#0 - April 19, 2007, 11:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
All posts like that (and this) do is get the attention of a forum moderator. Forum mods aren't CMs.

You don't want our attention, it always ends in tears.

I'd like this to be a constructive post. That said, how do we get the attention of the right people?

Clearly Mio's tactics of having hundreds of priests reply to fill out a thread and then 2 more starting and being on page, what, 3 (before being deleted) in a matter of hours doesn't work. So what does?

There are a lot of priest issues we've had for a LONG time that never seem to get fixed. Yeah, we get bug fixes that you call buffs. Big deal, imo. Those aren't buffs, those are screw-ups.

So, I ask, nay, I beg of you, how do you want us to get the CMs attention when they seem to never post? We never know if or when we are being listened to. And even when they do post, nothing seems to happen. Is there some special secret we're missing?

How can a class be fixed when no one knows how to fix it? I've been disappointed with the priest class for a while now, and it just doesn't get better. You tell us there's going to be buffs, but let's face it. We haven't seen a buff in 3 years, I'm not holding my breath anymore. I want to know HOW to get stuff fixed. Non-stop QQ doesn't work, WE'VE TRIED IT. I've also seen plenty of intelligent posters who just seem to be ignored. What else?
#6 - April 19, 2007, 11:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The CMs do read the well-thought-out, constructively written posts. The fact that they do not necessarily comment on them does not diminish this in any way.

I'd like to take this opportunity to advise anyone who's planning a reenactment of the recent spamfest to think twice, as I am monitoring this forum, and I'm not moderating leniently. Spamming to "make a point" is both ineffective and unacceptable conduct on this forum.

Additionally, I'm paging through posts looking for certain inappropriate signatures - you know the ones I'm talking about - and sending offenders on week-long vacations from the forum. If you have this kind of signature, I'd advise you to change it now.
#54 - April 19, 2007, 11:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You're misinterpreting my comments, Speak. That wasn't the sig I was looking for. :P

To clarify, vulgar ASCII is considered highly inappropriate here, and will net you a ban if included in your posts, replies, or signatures.
#70 - April 20, 2007, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

What I don't understand is why the threads like "Mioday," and the like, were locked.

Nobody needs to be propagating drama, enticing others to continue to spam, or pretending to glorify rabblerousers for their "epic martyrdom". Leave it alone.
#86 - April 20, 2007, 12:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Speak,

Q u o t e:
Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/forum-coc.html

Just use common sense.
#148 - April 20, 2007, 12:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Don't come in and quote my question, half answer it and half dodge it. Then change the subject then leave.

Skyre,

What part of "well-thought out, constructively written posts", part of my first reply to this thread, was difficult for you?

Post those. Use common sense. Don't flip out and kill a cat if you don't get an instant auto-blue. Those are the answers to the questions you've been asking, and the answers I've been giving all afternoon.

This will be my last reply here, as it seems that you Priests are clear on what is and is not appropriate to post from a moderation standpoint, and I'm not in a position to comment on any of the other questions directed in this thread. Hopefully we can move forward from here in a responsible, constructive manner.