...concerning Shadow Fiend...

#0 - May 31, 2007, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Neth,

Can you pass on to the Dev's that we need the pet bar to show up for SF under all circumstances. As it stands now, if you are "in combat" but don't have aggro, a pet bar will NOT show up if you cast SF and you are forced to type /petattack rather than just click a button. Therefore you have to have a macro to be effective. I love the pet bar idea, and it works great as long as you have aggro. I think it would solve all issues if the pet bar showed up anytime you cast the little dude.

Just asking....let me know. Thanks!!

*Edited the title- Nethaera
#22 - June 1, 2007, 7:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've forwarded player feedback on this. It's something that is going to be looked into.
#28 - June 1, 2007, 8:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You mean just like how you guys said that the Priest racials were going to be looked into?

Actually, if you're going to bring up the Priest racials (which is basically moving us off the topic of the Shadowfiend), we said that we would like to look at these again in the future. At one point in time, I believe I said that there weren't any specific plans to look at them. I can now say that they are going to be looked at, but we don't have a specific time frame. It isn't a small undertaking ,and will take more thought than a simple band-aid. The racials have been a pretty integral part of the Priest class whether you feel it's for good or ill since the start of World of Warcraft and it's not something that can be changed overnight. Should changes be made to them, it will be because some dedicated energy has gone into the changes.
#46 - June 1, 2007, 8:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Neth, is there any plan on taking player input about the various racials into account? It's been somewhat frustrating to feel like we aren't being listened to in this respect. It's been widely known on the board that the racials were very unbalanced between each even when the revised ones were presented in the priest review (actually, that review of the racials arguably made some of the bad ones even weaker). Despite pages worth of threads worth of feedback that we've given, it's take this long just for the devs to acknowledge that there might be a problem, so just saying that it's being looked into, without also asking us for feedback on the issue, does very little to promote confidence.

Out of curiosity, Neth, what race is your priest? :)

I'm sure that some amount of player feedback will be important to guiding the developers toward something that will benefit the game and the players both as much as possible. We always take into account feedback, it's just there are times when the answer is "no" and times when the answer is "yes". People tend to focus on the "no" answers far more than they do the "yeses" though so it tends to seem as if we don't listen.

My priest is undead and was chosen for an RP reason not for her racials, but that said, I obviously enjoy the benefits of the race/class combination.
#70 - June 1, 2007, 8:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
you rp? lawlz

I've been a PvPer that RPs for about hrm... 8 years easily now. I don't generally RP during PvP unless I have a macro ready. Otherwise, it's as I feel like doing it and I've never had anyone have a problem with it and even have had those that don't typically RP go along for the ride. ;) It's not what people think it is and I'm not someone that condemns others for not RPing or not RPing how I think they should be. Everyone has their own playstyle. I'd point you to an old article about RP and PvP going together to be the highest form of gaming, but I don't want to divert this thread. I'm sure someone here has read it before and can easily point you there.

That said, please take note that when I say "In the future" for the racials, it could be awhile yet and I don't want people to come back in three weeks asking how it's progressing. It's going to be a bit before we get there. Like I said, it will be reviewed, discussed and looked at, but I can't make any promises or predictions about what, or how, or when at this point in time. I definitely want to inform people so they are aware that this is a topical issue of our own, but I don't want to make anyone believe that tomorrow it will all be changed. It will be quite a few tomorrows from now, but is on the rather lengthy list of "To do's".
#76 - June 1, 2007, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
While I know you don't get to set the Dev's priorities, please try to emphasize to them how big an issue this is for many of us, and about how frustrated we are that it's been the way it is for as long as it has been without being dealt with.

They are aware. Don't worry. Unfortunately, as I've said before, we have a very long laundry list of things we'd like to add, change, fix and make better overall. We just keep moving forward day by day and have no plans to stop any time soon.
#92 - June 1, 2007, 10:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Here's a macro for you Neth, since you're also an undead priest.

#showtooltip Cannibalize
/cast Cannibalize
/s AHMM NUM NUM NUM AHMM NUM NUM NUM

Why, thank you. I tend to forget to use that ability and should be using it more. :)