Spriests & Scaling; Want an Answer

#0 - April 25, 2008, 11:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Is Blizzard not going to fix Shadow Priest's awful scaling issue because they believe Shadow Priests are already perfectly raid viable, and fear that increasing a Shadow Priest's DPS can only result in a substantial MP5 increase for the 4 other party members in the Shadow Priest's group?

Making boss encounters too trivial and Shadow Priest's too viable for raid PvE, replacing other caster DPS classes?

Will fixing our scaling create a point where our skills will eventually cost next to nothing because of the mana return from VT, and making Shadow Priests far too overpowered for PvE?

Or

Does Blizzard simply have more important things on their agendas to allocate their resources to than to respond to the weak meager protests of Shadow Priests?
#101 - April 25, 2008, 11:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Is Blizzard not going to fix Shadow Priest's awful scaling issue because they believe Shadow Priests are already perfectly raid viable, and fear that increasing a Shadow Priest's DPS can only result in a substantial MP5 increase for the 4 other party members in the Shadow Priest's group?

Making boss encounters too trivial and Shadow Priest's too viable for raid PvE, replacing other caster DPS classes?

Will fixing our scaling create a point where our skills will eventually cost next to nothing because of the mana return from VT, and making Shadow Priests far too overpowered for PvE?

Or

Does Blizzard simply have more important things on their agendas to allocate their resources to than to respond to the weak meager protests of Shadow Priests?

I know everyone is looking for answers right now on their classes and more specifically their spec choice. Right now, patch 2.4.2 serves to provide some class and general bug fixes. Any additional changes to classes prior to Wrath of the Lich King are at the discretion of the Development Team. Keep in mind, much like with the Burning Crusade, anything new up to level 70 including new talents and abilities, will be available to everyone without the expansion.

We'll be providing more information on specific changes that are coming in due time. Many things are in the works for the release of information, but I wanted to at least drop in to give you some semblance of an answer even if it's not THE answer (or answers) you're looking for.
#106 - April 25, 2008, 11:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I also like how blue edited his ridiculous post but acted like spriests dont need any focus in pvp...

I'm not sure where you're getting this impression from. I edited the "blue" out of the title and made no comments about any specifics purposefully.
#117 - April 26, 2008, 12:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Could we have some more insight as to what the Development team has planned specifically for Shadow Priests? I know information is sensitive, but considering the extended period of time that PvP issues have been unaddressed, and with new high end PvE concerns popping up (just like the scaling issue brought up with this post), some information at this point is warranted and appreciated.

We understand that there are a lot of classes with issues on the go at the moment, but Shadow Priests in particular haven't seen anything short of a fear ward change in the better part of a year, and Shadow Priests could really use something of a morale boost.

We can't discuss what's to come for classes and specific specs just yet, but we are getting there. Hopefully, when we do discuss it, we can get some good conversation going on the planned changes and additions.