Eyonix "Let's not get crazy."

Forum Avatar
#0 - Feb. 26, 2008, 4:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Maybe we need to get crazy to get the paladin to be taken care of.
#21 - Feb. 26, 2008, 5:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Gamebreaking?

Lets talk about a few MAJOR game-breaking details:

1. Our absolutely HEINOUS weakness to silence / spell lock. Can't heal, DPS, judge a seal, or even use our vaunted and so-much-complained-about bubble..every other class has other schools to fall back on when spell locked, wtf is up with pallies?

2. Lack of moving heals. No HoT's, no decent, mana-efficient instant heals...wow, please let me stand stock still in the arenas to try and heal my partners so any nubcake can wander over and CC or spell lock me for 5-10 seconds kkthxbye. And take your LoS advice and file it under "Nubsauce 101" ...you cant dodge enemy LoS while maintaining friendly LoS in the arenas with all the platforms, pillars, and whatnot. We need to be brought up to par with the other "hybrid" healers (druid <cough> shammy <cough>).

3. Our wonderful damage mechanics for Ret pallies. Spell damage..err, +STR..err...white damage...err WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

There are so many more that have been listed in the HUNDREDS of pages of "please fix pally" threads on these boards, but I dont wanna get into them for fear of causing myself an embalism.

Hey, EYONIX, how about "Let's not get crazy Overpowering all the classes the Devs think are cool, while at the same time gimping the hell out of one of the flagship classes in all of role-playing HISTORY kkthxbye.

Game breaking, huh? In any case, I've tried to reply to your thread about ten times now. Honestly, I don't think there is anything I could say that wouldn't result in an argument. Rather than address your specifics, I'll say this -- you're obviously much more upset than is probably good if you consider what we're discussing. Your perspective is flawed, likely as a result, and you've created your own conclusions.

I mean...

"Overpowering all the classes the Devs think are cool, while at the same time gimping the hell out of one of the flagship classes in all of role-playing HISTORY".

Seeing stuff like that makes me laugh and cry inside. Honestly. Why do people think the designers would ever ruin a game that they've now put years of their life into just to make the class the like better?

Seriously, we LOVE playing the game, but not that much.