CC = Cudgel of Consecration?

#0 - Feb. 27, 2008, 10:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Anyone else enjoy that the closest thing to a paladin tanking weapon is Cudgel of Consecration?
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34611
I have to get one just to link it when the pug dps are complaining about CC

Intentional on blizzards part?
#24 - March 15, 2008, 6:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Whenever the sun rises, my rooster crows. It's not precise but I'd be willing to bet that tomorrow, when the sun rises, barring developers going on vacation, my rooster is going to crow again.

Speculation? Yes. Completely? There's evidence of Arena seasons coinciding with the patch that it was tested on the PTRs for the last 3 seasons. Fourth one won't be an exception, trust me unless you live your life demanding proof for everything.

Season 4 isn't coming soon.

Concerning the discussion, the Cudgel of Consecration is great if you don't have the Zul'Aman, Hyjal trash, or arena mace.
#28 - March 15, 2008, 6:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hello Eyonix :)

Have you entered BT yet?

Nope, working my way there, however. =)

Had Vashj down to 10% last Sunday. Hoping she dies tomorrow. =)
#33 - March 15, 2008, 6:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

if you're tanking stay out of the green pools. Sucks to have your melee rooted there.

I tank the naga on phase two. During phase three I use BoF on the main tank and help heal with my three digit healing numbers.
#42 - March 15, 2008, 6:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You brought there for adds or to Tank Vashj herself? I know I was usually brought for the Elites (AS and RD are great for picking them up from far away), but I've had to tank Vashj sometimes when the MT died or got rooted.

Same, but I've not had to pick her up so far. We've only had three days of attempts on her, and only just made it to phase 3 last sunday.
#44 - March 15, 2008, 6:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

yea I guess you don't have the gear yet. Healing and BoF is probably your best option.

I have a fairly decent healing set, but I'm going to be healing phase 3 in my tank gear.
#49 - March 15, 2008, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

how soon is soon?

Some perspective...

Patch 2.4 = Soon

Season 4 = Not Soon
#56 - March 15, 2008, 6:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have the same question Kevash has asked. Have you pvp'd on your Paladin as either Holy or Retribution?

If you have please share your personal thoughts. If not please tell us when you will so that you may do so.

I've not PvP'd much with this character much, no. I wasn't expecting to join a raiding guild as quickly as I did, and thus my priorities have been shifted.
#59 - March 15, 2008, 6:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

the fact that you are patching in the data for the Brutal Gladiator's set leads me to believe you are planning soon after 2.4 goes live to bring out season 4.

We're just pushing in neccessary data.
#61 - March 15, 2008, 7 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

First of all, Blue responded to me *BLUSHES*.

Secondly, I find at that point keeping Judgement of Wisdom on vashj helps the ranged dps if the fight starts to go long. I also will sometimes stand with the ranged and run a head and RD if it looks like the tank's gonna get stuck in a bad spot so vashj jumps ahead 20 or so yards away from the green death and the Melee can get situated again. It's nice that she's tauntable.

Does your MT usually have adds on him when Vashj goes into stage 3, or can you manage to burn through all of them? If not, do you taunt them all off him and let him grab vashj off you?

Yeah, I taunt everything off him so he can pick up Vashj.
#80 - March 15, 2008, 7:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I know you're not implying Paladins should be forced to get a PvP weapon to PvE with as this is contrary to your intended design, right?

I know you know that I'm not implying that because that would imply that you didn't read what I posted.