Levelling a pet seriously takes WAY too long.

#0 - Feb. 6, 2007, 1:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizzard, I'm begging you. Please do something about the immense amount of time it takes to level up our pets. I mostly stuck with my main pet (a cat) while levelling, and I hit 70 before my cat was even halfway up to 69.

Now I find out that there are no boars anywhere in the Outlands... if I want one for PVP, I have to tame a level 60 in the Plaguelands and level it up to 70.

It took me over two weeks just to get a pet from 60 to 69! And I was playing much more often than normally due to all of the new content to explore, and the effort to hit level 70 myself.

Playing at a normal rate (still a considerable amount of time), it would take me nearly a month of PVE grinding to get a level 70 board to PVP with.

Is that really "working as intended"? Are people really supposed to spend 3 or 4 weeks to level a pet? That really can't be right...
#18 - Feb. 6, 2007, 11:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm still keeping an eye on things and hopefully will be finding more answers to things I said I would for you all. I just don't have it all for you just yet. I'll make sure this concern is passed along as well.
#219 - Feb. 9, 2007, 6:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Not to be a pest - but any update on this? For the future at least? I have had to re-roll a few clothies because I am frustrated with my hunter...Any word please.

Unfortunately I have nothing new for you yet. There are a lot of things being worked on currently and the only thing solid I still have for you are new pet abilities being added but I don't have anymore details on any changes to Hunter pets that are being worked on or considered right now. When we actually do have something more solid for you we will do our best to let you know about them.