Hunters: patch 2.3 is upon us

#0 - Sept. 26, 2007, 8:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Let the QQ begin.

For starters, please remove Deadzone. k? thnx.

Next
#3 - Sept. 26, 2007, 8:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are quite a few changes in 2.3 for all classes, even Hunters. They're not all nerfs even!

For example, Serpent Sting, Immolation Trap and Explosive Trap are going to gain additional damage based on ranged attack power. I think everyone enjoys scaling.
#83 - Sept. 26, 2007, 9:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Can we chance Wyvern Sting such that it's useful for CC? Make the DoT one time damage that also scales with RAP. Or remove the damage, add a snare effect, and reduce the mana cost slightly? A reduced casting time or reduced CD time would make it more popular as well.

Well it's not going to hit everything you want, but we are planning to change Wyvern Sting so that it will be instant cast.
#109 - Sept. 26, 2007, 9:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So far we got the good news....

now lets talk about the BAD NEWS!! *nerf bat inc*

Ok, well you got me, I was trying to find a better place to discuss this and the reasoning but I'll just post it and I'll try my best to provide information on why the change is being made.

Arcane Shot (ranks 6+) will dispel 1 magic effect in addition to the normal damage.

Sorry.
#169 - Sept. 26, 2007, 10:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

My interpretation is that it will work as an offensive dispel, removing a beneficial effect from the enemy. Kind of like Purge.

Right.
#301 - Sept. 27, 2007, 8:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
One other change coming, Trueshot Aura will be free to cast and is going to last until canceled.