WTB FD Drink

#0 - Nov. 14, 2007, 12:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
WTB FD DRINK BACK =( i miss it
#60 - Nov. 14, 2007, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just so everyone aware, there was a bug fix that unintentionally didn't make it into the release patch notes, but has been added into the bug fix listing on the forum as well as is being added onto the Web version of the patch notes.

Here is the actual note for you in regard to this-

• Fixed a bug in which Hunters were able to disengage from combat using Feign Death during boss encounters.

Please note that this should only apply for when you are engaged in a boss fight and shouldn't affect trash mobs.

#63 - Nov. 14, 2007, 10:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please feel free to let us know if it is not working this way and we'll do what we can to follow-up on it further.
#78 - Nov. 14, 2007, 10:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This is sort of okay except a couple of examples. During a bossfight while the boss can be targeted and shot, we should NOT be drinking. However:

- Kael'thas has some transitions during which we could drink
- Lurker below has some free time for drinking between minion kill and resurfacing
- Al'ar has some free time between p1 and p2 that can be used to top off with drinking.

If the boss being an invalid target will allow the drinking, I'd say this change is just fine and shouldn't hurt anyone that much.

Please advise.

I can't comment further on this change other than it was considered a bug fix. However, further constructive feedback on the effect of the change are welcome. We'll be sure to pass the word along.
#84 - Nov. 14, 2007, 10:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The reason was so Hunter's couldn't change gear and trinkets during a boss encounter. The FD+Drink is just an "unintended" side affect.

This is true. This was allowing more than just drinking to occur, such as the above, gear swapping. This wasn't intended.
#152 - Nov. 14, 2007, 10:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I appreciate the constructive feedback in this thread and in the other one. I'll make sure the mana efficiency concern is brought back up with the Development team for further discussion. I'll also make sure the concerns in regard to feeding pets is also acknowledged.
#561 - Nov. 15, 2007, 6:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
One concern that has come up in this thread is the ability to feed pets during combat. I just wanted to stop back in the thread here to relay that the ability to feed a pet during combat is in the works for a future patch. Hopefully that will be one less concern for hunters in general. Once we're a bit closer to implementing this, we'll do our best to get you more information on what we have planned.
#588 - Nov. 15, 2007, 6:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thanks for the response Neth. Please relay our concerns over our piss-poor mana-regen to the devs too.

If you read this and are feeling frisky, answer me one question:

Which do you think is more important to fix?

A) In-combat pet feeding?
B) The Hunter class' piss-poor mana efficiency and mana regen?

I understand that in-combat pet feeding will be easy as @#!! (capital letter 4 letter word rhyming with CRIT) to fix while not being considered OP or upsetting anyone else, but let's not ignore the important problems, ok?

I'm feeling frisky enough to say that I don't think it's a matter of which is more important. It's a matter of which may be changed more easily than the other.

Sometimes things are fixed more quickly than others due to their overall effect on the game. Sometimes there are technology limitations as well. I'm not saying that this is either of those so much as saying that we try to be as careful as possible when making changes to make sure their effect on the overall game isn't going to harm it and sometimes we are just looking for a better way to make it happen.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we're not always content to put in a band-aid for something that we think we can make better and more fun. We may sometimes move a bit more slowly with some things than people like, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't some serious thought and consideration going into things.
#596 - Nov. 15, 2007, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If you can disable gear swapping while allowing FD+Drink in arenas, you can disable gear swapping while allowing FD+Drink during boss fights.

Am I wrong?

I couldn't say. That's for our Development Team to say. :)

Q u o t e:

quick response
someones trolling hard today :)

F7

Nah, just multi-tasking though my head is killing me from allergies. Talking to you all eases the pain.
#1201 - Nov. 19, 2007, 3:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

There have been nearly 7 Blue post in this threat...which I believe they stopped posting 30 pages ago.

Substance is on it's way, but even I have to wait in order to talk about it sometimes. Believe it or not, your concerns were relayed and more information will be coming your way on a few things. It just may not be today and may not be tomorrow, but it will be soon.
#1203 - Nov. 19, 2007, 3:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will it be before November? :o

We're in November last I checked... If you mean before next November?.... Yes. :)