Concise Response to 2.0.10

#0 - Feb. 24, 2007, 5:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The feral Druid is perceived to be too powerful, and indeed may be. However, the extent of the changes proposed is larger than most of the community feels is justified.

Several of the proposed changes fit Blizzard's standard of "slow, careful changes":
    (1) 25% Stamina gain rather than 25% health in Bear form
    (2) 400% rather than 450% armor increase

However, some changes seem too extreme. Specifically the combination of:
    (1) Mangle (Bear) reduced from 130% to 100% base and bonus damage.
    (2) Savage Fury now no longer applies to Mangle (Bear), Maul, or Swipe.

The former examples are the type of cautious 're-adjustments' that Blizzard is known for, while the later are more extreme -- combining to reduce the effect of Mangle to ~60% of its former damage.

While the developers may feel that increasing the rage gained may offset the damage lost, but many ferals (myself included) are much more limited by the global cool-down and bear form swing speed, than by rage costs. Simply, extra rage will only go unused.

Because a Feral Druid is so dependent on Mangle (bear) for both tanking, and especially pvp, viability I feel that I speak for the community in requesting that the developers re-evaluate the extent of this change.
#4 - Feb. 24, 2007, 5:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
One of the producers came by the office today and assured us that there was going to be focus testing going on in the PTRs for the changes being made to Druids. While the devs felt these changes were needed to tone down certain effects that were playing out on live realms, it is not their intention to eliminate Bear tanking as an option altogether. If these changes pan out to be too dampening on the Druid's tanking potential, further changes will occur to keep them as a viable option for tanking.